Sunday, September 25, 2016

MY YEAR ABROAD. Valeria O. (1 BTX A)

MY YEAR ABROAD

This last year I lived in Delaware with a great host family. I decided to go abroad because my mum had also travelled when she was 17, and I grew up listening to all her stories about her year in the U.S. I’m so happy that I was able to do it because so far it has been the best experience in my life.

I stayed in Seaford, Delaware which is a tiny town in the south of the state. I went to Seaford Senior High School where I got to try a lot of new things. I played a sport every season, which were volleyball, swimming, and soccer. It was my first time in a swim-team and playing soccer, and I had so much fun! I also became part of a club called “Key Club”, and what they do is basically volunteering and helping the community. I loved Key Club because I thought it was fun to volunteer with my friends, and the best part is that I got to go to D-CON. D-CON is a Key club convention, which this year was in Baltimore, where lots of people from different states comes and spends a weekend doing activities all together.

I made a ton of new friends which I really miss. I met some at school, and some because they were my siblings’ friends. Another good thing about travelling abroad is that you meet people from other countries. One of my best friends was from Austria and another from Thailand, and they were studying abroad just like me. 

My family was probably the best part of the year, because without them I wouldn’t had got so involved with school and travelled as much I did. I got to visit 8 states and they brought me to Canada which it was amazing. My host-family feels like my actual family now, and I’m so happy to have them in my life.


It has been a life-changing experience, and I would probably go again if I could. It wasn’t just for improving my English, I was able to get to know the American culture, made a lot of friends, and feeling like a family member from a family who at the beginning were strangers for me. I definetly recommend going abroad. 



  VALERIA ORLANDO
1 BTX A

No comments:

Post a Comment