Wednesday, November 13, 2019

ITALY 2019. Marina A. (2n BATX A)

Italy 2019: My experience

Almost two weeks ago we were in Italy, enjoying everything it’s got to offer, or at least everything we were able to visit. That’s kind of sad because I actually enjoyed it. But first I’ll go through what we did in those days.
After a tiring day in class I went home to have lunch and prepare the last few things before starting the really long journey on the bus. Everyone was excited for the trip, and you could tell the first  moments. But as the hours passed we became more and more tired, the time in that bus never seemed to pass fast enough, and honestly all I wanted was the comfort of my bed. The time passed and the sun was finally up when we got to Pisa, those buildings under the sunlight were shining before our tired eyes. Afterwards we went to Lucca which was kind of uneventful.
And finally we got to our hotel in Florence, I was so tired i just wanted to sleep, but nevertheless excited for what was to come. My first impression was good (except for the hotel that was kind of creepy, it looked like a horror movie scenario and the mosquitos were eating me alive), and the city lights over the river were a nice view.

The entire time I was walking through the streets of Florence I couldn’t believe how pretty it was, maybe it’s just me, but the art and sculptures left me speechless. I wish we had more time there to really get to know the city.  Maybe in the future I go back to visit it.

I’m going to skip to Venice now because I got some things to say about it. Venice it’s very pretty with the gondolas, all the shops filled with incredible costumes and masks, and the “Murano” glass, after seeing that I have gained respect for the people who dedicate their time in putting together this pieces because they’re amazing. I just wish it hadn’t rained, the humidity and water literally everywhere were annoying me. But at least I got to visit Venice.

The second hotel in Lido was the best for me, my group got lucky with a really big room, plus the hotel had the beach in front, that I saw for a bit, it was cool staying there. I’d much rather have stayed there the entire trip.  

Fast forward to Milan, which I will also visit again someday, there just wasn’t enough time to visit it. It was pretty and it left me wanting more.

To sum it up really fast, this trip needs less hours on the bus, more time on two or three maximum  places and not the same dinner every day. But it was fun and I’ll remember it with a good feeling.





MARINA ANTOLÍ
2n batx A

No comments:

Post a Comment