Saturday, May 10, 2014

MY FAVOURITE SONG EVER. Ruben D. (3r ESO C)



The song I want to recommend is called Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen  from 1963. I discovered it years ago because it was in an episode of the  animated sitcom Family Guy which I started watching when I was very young (I am still watching it today). 

The song suddenly started playing on a jukebox in a 60's bar while the family was eating lunch. When Peter, the father of the family, heard it he said it was his all time favourite song and started dancing. From that moment until the end of the episode he played it hundreds of times. 

When my friend and I first saw that episode we loved the song. I was nine years old and I found it awesome. The song had a fast beat and simple repetitive lyrics; it was honestly a bit stupid. It was probably the first song that I downloaded and started listening to regularly. My friend and I played that song as much as Peter did in the episode or perhaps even more. 

I recommend this song because it makes you feel silly and like moving around randomly. It might also make you feel a kind of happiness and craziness that, at least for me, can bring back memories of good old times. 

Here is the scene from Family Guy. 

http://youtu.be/DiwWwcUvY30

Rubén Donate 
3rd ESO C



No comments:

Post a Comment