Monday, April 29, 2019

SMILE. Sandra S. (1 btx A )


SMILE, IT’S FREE THERAPY!


Have you ever thought about how many times do we smile in a day? Children smile an average of 400 times per day, teens smile about 200 times and cheerful adults 40 to 50 times, however most of them only smile 20 times on average. These statistics are impressive, aren’t they? I don’t want to grow up and become a sad and depressive adult, I mean, I still want to have a smile on my face during the whole day leaving aside my age.

It’s a well-known fact that smiling is important for us, it’s the perfect way to show happiness, love, kindness… Today I would like to share with you some of the benefits that smiling has, I’m sure that you will realize the importance of having a big and nice smile on your face. First of all, studies have proved that people are more attractive when they smile. Now I would like you to consider this: when you look at someone (it doesn’t matter if he or she appeals to you or not) who is poker-faced, he doesn’t transmit you good vibes. However, when you look at someone who has a great smile and is showing his white teeth, you quickly think that he seems nice and he might be a kind guy. So, smiling really makes you more attractive and it’s also a good way to improve your self-esteem.

On top of that, smiling makes other people happy. How many times have you seen someone smiling and you have smiled too? Speaking personally, when people who are in my surroundings smile, I feel better, I feel more cheerful and motivated due to the good feelings they transmit to me. I completely believe that smiling boosts our immune system, it also burns calories and it puts us in a better mood.

Taking all this information into account, you all have to promise me that the first thing you will think about in the morning when you just wake up is smiling and to try to make others smile! If we consider this as a goal, I’m sure that in a few years those statistics will change and adults will smile even more than children. What are you waiting for? Smile and leave away all the bad vibes, it’s free therapy!


SANDRA SALVATELLA
1st BATX A


No comments:

Post a Comment