Monday, February 4, 2013

GAME OVER. Mariona E. (1r batx B)


“GAME OVER”


Last Monday, a paraplegic man of the “Institut Guttmann” came to make a talk about traffic accidents and spinal injuries. At first, when we entered in the class, I didn’t see anything unusual about the guy because he looked like a nice and healthyMA man, but when I saw the wheelchair, I knew he was paraplegic.
I was a little bit worried because I have a paraplegic friend and I thought the talk could make me remind his case, but I realized it could be a good way to make us conscious about what we have.

The talk was so interesting and he showed us a video about different cases. It wasn’t boring because the guy was talking friendly and making jokes.
I was very impressed at the end because he explained us that he’s living alone, he drives a car and he has a completely independent life.

I think it was a necessary talk because we always are doing dangerous things and we don’t realize how our life can change if we have an accident. For this, it is very important to put on the helmet if you drive a motorbike or a bike, or, for example, if you are drunk or your friends do, you mustn’t drive or going in a car whose driver is drunk because you might have a mortal accident. It’s always your choice, you have to make your own decisions and think about what are the consequences.

I can’t avoid thinking about what I would do if I was paraplegic or quadriplegic. It’s a radical change in your life, you have to learn everything again. Sometimes, you can’t be independent for yourself and you need the help of others. You feel like a load, like a stone that is useless. I think you have to be a very strong person to overcome this situation.

To finish with, I liked so much the talk because it made us realize that any day our lives might change or end. We must be conscious about what we have and what we may loose. Don’t let your life tells you “Game Over”.


MARIONA ESTRUGA VIÑALS
1r  BATX B 

No comments:

Post a Comment