Sunday, September 21, 2014

ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE. Ana F. (1 BATX B)

The ice Bucket challenge

The ice Bucket challenge is an activity involving dumping a bucket of ice water on someone’s head to help people with the problem of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and encourage donations to research. ALS was first found in 1869 by French neurologist Jean-Martin Charcot but this idea began in the sporting world and has been used with other causes in the past.  As long as people keep participating, the challenge will keep going.  ALS is an illness that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.  The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually leads to their death. This kind of people do their future ahead and dreams of a lifetime, because they have their family with them.

 Nowadays all people in the world know about this activity. But if people hadn’t had this great idea probably the battle against this illness wouldn’t have advanced. As we promote this intent,  as we will staff these patients. So it’s completely important to have a consciousness of this illness and a good heart to want to help. Few people are unpleasant or miserly because until rich people have done this activity. So if they can do it,  you too.

In my opinion, I think it’s important that people have a good initiative. My mum said to me when I was a child that someday scientists will research the problems of all illnesses. Remember I have never known my  grandfather or a grandmother. My only grandfather that I could know was Antonio, but he died of the cancer. If scientists could know the recovery. probably I would have stayed more time with him. There wasn’t any progress for this sickness in his period. So I wish scientists will research all problems.

I was nominated for this ice bucket challenge and I hung it on instagram. Later I nominated three of my friends that had to do too. My parents donated money for this company with the idea of helping this illness. I have a lot of friends that have done this activity but not all people have donated anything. Well I know about  one friend that has donated some food that I think it’s another cool idea.

Ana Forner

1r BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment