Monday, September 29, 2014

ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE. Gerard F. (1r batx A)

ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE

First of all I would like to say that I’ve done this challenge and trust me I didn’t know that the water was so cold, because my friend Joel threw me the bucket I saw the stars, doing the challenge was a freezing idea.

In my opinion, the person that got the idea of creating this challenge was really clever, because now thousands of people know what the ALS is and what you feel when you suffer this disease. The purpose of throwing yourself a bucket is that when the cold water arrives at your body, you can’t move, you’re paralyzed for a few seconds, and that is what you feel when you have the ALS you can only move your mouth the rest of your body is immovable. The real cause of this challenge is donating money for the foundation because many people (usually from Spain...) did the challenge and they recorded the video and post it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram but they didn’t donate money!!! That is a really bad idea because there are many foundations for the ALS and they need it a lot of money to help these people so, if I donate 10 Euros to the foundation and I’m not a very rich man (yet) there are many famous people that can donate a lot of money for a really good cause.

Definitely, I think that there should be much more ideas like this to help people that sometimes are forgotten from our society and they have the right to know that we are with them trying to help on their disease.

I challenge my English teacher on the Ice Bucket Challenge.


Gerard Ferreiro
1r batx A

No comments:

Post a Comment