Tuesday, February 7, 2017

WRITING A BIOGRAPHY. Antoni A. (1BTX A)

The life of my grandfather.

My grandfather was born in Morillo de Liena, in Huesca. Since he was a child he was always a naughty boy but with a great heart. This is the history of my loved grandfather who is a referent to follow for me and for my family.

This story begins in August the 5th of 1941. My grandfather was born in a poor family of Morillo, so he always knew how to keep his belly full. This boy was called “Antoni“, like his father, like my father and finally like me. 

His childhood was so hard, and intact, he didn’t receive many presents because after the Civil War in Spain most of the people were poor and they spent their money on food and clothes. 

By the time he was 14, he began to work in construction in the village next to Morillo, Campo. He had to go to Campo on foot, and the climate of Huesca was very cold, but his family needed the money so he had to make an effort for them. So no parties for Antoni during his adolescence. 

As soon as he was 25, he married the woman he loves, Celia, my grandmother and to get a job they had to move to Barcelona, where a cousin of my grandmother had a house for them. My grandparents spent really good years in Barcelona and my grandfather had the chance to start a construction business that went very well. 

After that, my father, called Antonio too, was born,  and just then my grandfather had to move to Madrid to attend his business so he left his family and Barcelona, because without the business they would become poor.

When he came back to Barcelona, Alberto and Anabel were born, they will be in the future my uncle and my aunt. So they were years of happiness for my grandfather, near his family and with a job to feed them. His two sons and his daughter went to my School, Manyanet Sant Andreu, in the past it was known with the name of “Los Padres“. And the three did a career, my father is veterinary and my aunt studied at ESADE and my uncle studied architecture, and they became married too.

As I explained my grandfather was always a fighter so once more, he had to deal with a cancer in the prostate. Luckily he won this battle too, like he is winning nowadays the battle against his Osteoarthritis in the knee.

So that was the life of my grandfather, nowadays he is living in Barcelona and he is enjoying of a deserved rest in his house and making walks around Sant Andreu with Celia. But he is always busy taking care of the most little grandchild, Laura, and making her laugh because he has always been a very funny guy, and very protective.


ANTONI ALÓS
1 BTX A




No comments:

Post a Comment