Tuesday, February 7, 2017

WRITING A BIOGRAPHY. Érik E. (1BTX A)

My grandmother’s biography                                                       

My grandmother’s name is Pascuala Casas Rueda, she was born on the 15th of March 1930 in Noguera de Albarracín, in the province of Teruel. 

Her parents were a poor matrimony and they had to work hard every day. As soon as she started going to school she moved to a little village of Valencia, because of the Spanish Civil War. She was there refuging at her uncle’s house.

By the time the war finished she returned to Noguera de Albarracín. Her parents didn’t have much money, so by the age of sixteen she came to Barcelona to start working for a Catalan rich family as a servant. One day, she had just got into the Born market when she saw a young boy, and she fell in love. It would be better to say that both of them fell in love. My grandparents got married on the 21st of September 1964 in the city of Barcelona. 

No sooner had they married that she got pregnant. Their first baby was my aunt Carme, and in 1968 my father Eduard was born. She started her new life as a wife and a mother, typical life of women at that time. She is very proud of what she had done, and of her son and daughter. She always says that we are her fingers; she could never cut one of them.


Going on with her life, in 1996 my aunt got married and she moved from Barcelona to la Vall d’Uixó a village in Castelló. As soon as my cousin Pau was born my grandparents bought a house there. Then, in 2000 I was born, after me, my cousin Laura and the last one was my brother in 2004.

By the year 2006 my grandparents had travelled a lot from Castelló to Barcelona, but my grandfather became ill. After his death, my granny got very depressed, but we made her cheer up. 

Nowadays, she is living with us here in Barcelona and with my cousins in Castelló. All of us love her a lot and she is a very important person in our life. Now, while I am writing this I have got her next to me and she sends you a kiss. 

 Èrik Esteban Marín 1st BTX A

No comments:

Post a Comment