Monday, September 24, 2012

SUMMER PIC. Cristina D. (2n batx A)




Last summer I went, as every year, to Galicia, and this picture is about a drawing I did in the house we live when we’re there. Even each year we have done some outputs to visit relaxing landscapes or new tourist attraction points, I would like to refer in this essay to the most artistic part of my holidays.

Since 2011 I have decide to make one of this pictures in every wall of the house with the same topic: Ice Age, the cartoon film. Last year I made the squirrel, this one the lazy, and for the next summer I will do maybe the tiger. The first character I drew was under the supervision of my dad. He was next to me correcting some mistakes, comparing between my drawing and the original one and in some occasion he took the brush. Nevertheless, this year he let me do it alone. 


At first I began drawing and I felt nervous because of the good proportions, the adequate color tonality… I thought it wouldn’t be as cool as I expected and I tried to avoid going on with it, but as soon as the drawing was taking form and people from close towns started coming there to see my work and saying it was as good or better that the other one, I changed my mind. 



People’s comments cheered me up. I became hopeful and in the end, as well as I started with not much interest, I got back into and I finished it with success and in no time. 


Now I feel really proud about my work and so are my parents. They find it so amazing that my father is going to advertise me on the Ethernet to make drawings with different cartoon topics in walls of child rooms. By the moment, my aunt is interested in hire me to draw some Disney characters on my cousins’ room and so is my father, for his office room. So, I guess I will also earn some money doing what a relaxing job for me… That’s fantastic!



Finally, I’ve been thinking about the fact that I’ve never thought I can do something good by myself and that’s something I should change because what I have learned about this summer activity is that I’m better than I think and what sometimes hides me to do some things is not my reduced capacity, just my fear and my distrust in myself. 

Cristina Doral Marin
2n batx.A


No comments:

Post a Comment