Monday, September 24, 2012

SUMMER PIC. Marc F. (2n batx A)


A SUMMER PIC

This summer I’ve made the most of it to visit some of the wonderful places of Catalonia. I have discovered amazing sites as Poblet, l’Espluga del Francolí, Vallbona de les Monges, Solsona, Mombrió de la Marca…

I visited Poblet in July and Vallbona de les Monges (the one in the photography) in August, two monasteries of XIIth century. In the first one is where most of the Catalan kings are buried, even Jaume  “The Conqueror”. They are two of the three Cistercian monasteries in Catalonia. The last one is Santes Creus.

Once I had visited them all I was able to check the common traits of the Cistercian monasteries: simplicity and no artistic distractions. They follow Saint Benedict’s Rule, a new way to conceive the monastic life and its buildings, whose motto is worldwide known: Ora et labora.

One of the typical things in summer is spending time with friends; that is what I have done. I have been to a little village called Mombrió de la Marca, where a friend’s grandparents have a nice house. We have had a lot of fun riding bikes, motorbikes, going to the swimming pool…You may had not heard about Mombrió: it is normal, I had not either.

I got shocked when I saw the little village. He had told me it was a very tiny one, but I had not imagined a village that tiny: fifty inhabitants and about fifteen houses. Nevertheless, it was not any boring, as you could think. Nature, great people, no stress… What else?

The last remarkable thing I have done this summer is working on my TR, and I still do. It is being funny…  I was scared about not having done enough work because the having fun thing, but after meeting my tutor I am happy to say that I am on the correct way.

Now, please, let me tell summer I have enjoyed a lot with him and that I am so sad he has to leave again. Goodbye and see you next year!


Marc Flores
2nd A


No comments:

Post a Comment