Wednesday, December 9, 2015

THE WORD OF THE YEAR. Marc S. (3 ESO B)

WORD OF THE YEAR EMOJI


Ladies and gentlemen, the word of the year 2015 for Oxford University is… AN EMOJI! Yes I did the same face that you are doing now, “Is that a joke?”.

I think it is just a kind of joke that Oxford is doing for us to see they aren’t the boring professors that we all think they are. It is the first year that this award goes to something that is not a word. And you will think: “and now we will find this emoji on Oxford dictionaries?” NO. I really don’t understand that, they say the word of the year an emoji, and later they don’t put it in the dictionaries, like saying: “It is not a word in true. But it is very used and nobody in whatsapp says: laugh and cry, they write this emoji.

I really would like to talk to the man who made it happens. I am sure it is really a very friendly person, who said: “I really want to do something different today”, and that was the consequence.


I am really anxious to see the word of the next year, maybe it is a cough because the man who I talked about before becomes ill to work. But we will see…


MARC SILVENTE
3 ESO B


No comments:

Post a Comment