Saturday, December 5, 2015

THE WORD OF THE YEAR. Sebastián G. (1 BATX B)

The word of the year:

This year the Oxford dictionary chooses an emoji for the word of the year. It’s the famous emoji “The face with tears of Joy”.

In my opinion it was a really useful emoji because of the meaning, I’m a joker and when I do a joke in “WhatsApp” this emoji is essential to make the joke better. Also when you are laughing for something or someone this is a useful emoji.

I agree that it’s the word of the year because I’m not the only one that uses it frequently so if you count all the people in my course (80 people approximately) all of them use the emoji frequently so if you also count the people in ESO or in 2nd BTX there are a lot of people that use it, but if you count all the people in Spain, that a very big percentage have a mobile phone with “WhatsApp” or something like it, there is a million people that use it; so now imagine how many people in the world use with frequency this emoji, what a shame that we don’t have time for that.


I do not agree with people who say that young people are destroying the culture with things like that because I reckon that things like emojis or WhatsApp or Gmail or Facebook or etc… make the communication more easy, I believe in a future with a big net of easy communications with all people in the world. 

SEBASTIAN GONZÁLEZ
1st BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment