Wednesday, November 1, 2017

ITALY 2017. Antoni A. (2 BTX A)

OUR TRIP TO ITALY


Every year my school, Jesús Maria i Josep, organizes a trip for the students who are in 2nd Batxillerat that offers us the possibility of discovering the amazing landscapes, culture, buildings and art of Italy. This year was my turn, so I was very excited and nervous because I was waiting for this trip since long time ago.

Friday the 20th.
This was the most exciting day, because in fact, it was all new. After preparing my suitcase, I went to the meeting point with my Friends. The first hours on the road were so funny. We stopped to have dinner in a French petrol station.

Saturday the 21st
We arrived in Pisa, where we visited its Tower and Cathedral. Then we had lunch in Luca and we also rented a tandem to discover the city. After that we went to the Hotel in Firenze and we had dinner in the restaurant that was not bad at all. After that, we walked around Firenze and tired we returned to our little hotel to rest a little bit.

Sunday the 22nd
My favourite day. We went up the Firenze’s bell tower, and we visited its cathedral. After having lunch we went to Uffizzis’ Museum that was simply incredible. At night we had free time which I enjoyed with my friends having a cappuccino.


Monday 23rd
On Monday I discovered a wonderful village San Gimignano that has a medieval atmosphere and the best ice creams in the world. After that we went to Siena where I discovered a  very nice square: Il campo’s Piazza.

Tuesday 24th
A special day, I visited Padua where is located Saint Anthony’s Cathedral. I bought some souvenirs for my grandmother because she is very religious and she also likes so much this Saint. In Padua we had an excellent lunch and very cheap. After that, we visited the Scrovegni Chapel, which is all painted with the life of Jesus Christ. Finally we arrived in Lido di Jesolo,  where our hotel was.

Wednesday 25th
One of the most inspiring days, we visited Venice (San Marco’s square, its Cathedral,  Rialto’s Bridge...) Also we had been discovering Venice channels with a gondola. I ate a fish risotto that was delicious. To return to Lido we took a Vaporetto, it was such a different way of moving.

Thursday 26th  
In Vicenza we visited the Olympic theatre that was precious and in fact very different because it has 3D scenery. We ate pizza for lunch as well. Bergamo was very beautiful and it was a surprise because I didn’t expect that this city was so precious. Bergamo is a medieval city which has a very old cathedral and old streets plenty of good bars and bakeries.

Friday the 27th

The last day, I was happy and at the same time sad; but the most important thing, with a lot of stories to tell about this trip .  

ANTONI ALÓS
2 BTX A

No comments:

Post a Comment