Wednesday, November 1, 2017

ITALY 2017 Clara T. (2 BTX B)


Italy 2017

Last week, my classmates and I had probably one of the best experiences we ever had together. It was my first time in Italy and I think I'll always remember how beautiful this country is, with its buildings and streets.

One of the best memories i have is probably visiting Florence. My parents had always told me it was a very beautiful city and they were right. The duomo and the campanile were impressive as well as the Galleria dell'Accademia, but in my opinion every single street had its own charm, I was actually quite upset when we had to meet up to go to the restaurant because I didn't want to stop walking around with Paula. Also, the people we met there were very nice. If we asked someone in the street how to get to a museum or to the Ponte Vecchio, for example, they all answered nicely and asked us where we were from, or if we were enjoying our trip. The experience there was very nice overall.

I also really liked San Gimignano. It felt like being in a fairytale because everywhere we went looked so pretty and so medieval! The views there were breathtaking, and they also had the best ice cream in the world so that made it even better.

One of the things that surprised me the most was, besides from the amount of money we spent in every restaurant, the number of places there were to grab something to eat. It was surprising because there was at least one restaurant every two streets everywhere we went, and the same with ice cream shops! And it also surprised me that you could get frozen yogurt fairly easily compared to Barcelona. I noticed that because I love frozen yogurt and being able to eat one practically every day was great.

Even though we barely spent any time in the hotel, I have to say I expected something worse. Especially because our teachers had said there weren't good hotels. I know some people got really bad rooms in Florence but ours wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The second hotel we went to was really weird, but I really liked the food in the restaurant although a lot of people complained about it.


All in all, it was an amazing trip. The week went by really fast and I wish we could have stayed longer to visit many other places. I really enjoyed the time I spent with my friends and I'm very glad that during the trip I was able to talk to many other classmates who I never had the chance to have a conversation with, but that we ended up getting along very well. It was a great experience.

CLARA TANG
2 BTX B

No comments:

Post a Comment