Thursday, November 2, 2017

ITALY 2017 Paula M. (2 BTX B)

BEST MEMORIES OF ITALY 2017


The last week of October my colleagues and I went on a trip I had been excited for a very long time. The trip to Italy, a trip just for the oldest of the school, the trip that meant our journey through school was probably on its end, which in a big part is very positive ha ha.

One of the reasons for the excitement was that I had been to Italy before, but I can’t really remember most of the places I visited because I was too little, what I can remember though, is that I liked it a lot not only the touristic places but also other stuff like the desserts they bake.

However, this trip was going to be a little different because my parents weren’t going to be with me, which wasn’t a problem because I seem to travel by myself lately! Also, not very different to the other trips in vehicle as home we are used to travelling by car as far as we can, and it’s probably the best at the end, because even though it’s tiring, and we all can say it is, it’s the best way to see more quantity of places and not staying just in one, you don’t need to take a train neither or another vehicle you’d also have to pay for. The plus of going with the friends is another benefit as it doesn’t make the trip that boring at night in the bus and makes it milder.

Even though Italy seems to be a country that appears everywhere and many people that have travelled have already been there it’s a country that surprises every time, because you can have visited it once, twice or more times, but its magnificence enchants you as if it was the first time. Italy is Italy, and I can say I have a crush on that country.


One of my biggest wishes was to visit Firenze at night time. I love to see the most spectacular buildings being lighted up by some lampposts when everything else is dark. Another wish, more likely a whim, was to eat gelato. Somehow, I got very scared there weren’t many places to buy it but it was absolutely wrong as you could find a gelato shop without even looking for it. The place to eat it had to be San Gimignano, and I forgot about it during the entire visit there but remembered just some time before all the group had to meet, so of course my group helped me find it and I could eat it feeling kind of very satisfied.  

Apart from those little wishes I didn’t notice that the biggest part was about to come. The Venice day was about to happen, and I would be able to finally visit it. I honestly didn’t imagine it would be so beautiful and impressive, maybe I underestimated, probably I did, but anyway its magical scenario shocked me. The water, the panoramic sights of the isles, the crystal, the masks all over, the stretched streets, etc. It was all of it that made me love it, fortunately I hadn’t spent too much cash till that day as it was the one place I hadn’t visited before, so I spent most of it there, it feels so good to have a taste of Venice home.

The trip was all about walking, bus, visiting and more walking, which for me was awesome because we didn’t leave behind any essential thing to visit. I really recommend this trip to all the people who may doubt doing it because they have visited it already as it’s really like a brand-new experience, followed by all your friends in school, so it’s like two of the coolest things together, friends and travelling. I really couldn’t ask for more, maybe less walking ha ha, but if I hadn’t walked that much I probably wouldn’t have eaten the gelato or got lost in Venice’s streets which is highly recommended as it’s very funny and you can end in just water and must return to maybe find more water.



It’s truly the experience I will remember with more yearn when school year ends and when I don’t see the people who accompanied me during this trip every day, but it leaves a feeling of wanting more that brings me to think that maybe I’ll be travelling with them to some other places after the good experience I lived, who knows, but I’m very open to that!



PAULA MONTESINOS
2 BTX B

No comments:

Post a Comment