Monday, April 21, 2014

ITALY 2014. Jaume E. (2n batx B)

Italy 2014

This hasn’t been my first time in most of the places we have visited in Italy, but this experience has changed me in some different ways. It is worthless to say that Italy is a beautiful country with a lovely culture, because that is simply obvious. But meeting the artful city of Firenze, connecting with the essence of the beautiful Tuscany region or sailing the magic city of Venice with a gondola is something that it is actually impossible to explain with words, because you have to experiment it by yourself.

First of all, that school trip has enriched my artistic and cultural knowledge (which I have to admit that wasn’t wealthy enough). Specially, visiting Firenze, its Ufizzi Gallery and some of its churches have really encouraged me to learn more about Art History, which I find a very interesting subject since then.

Ponte Vechio’s view from the Ufizzi Gallery

Firenze charms, as Ponte Vechio or the impressive Duomo are also really recommendable places to visit.

Secondly, the Tuscany region in Italy (in which Firenze is) has also made me fall in love with it. My favourite place in it is the little but amazing town of San Gimignano. This village is considered part of the mankind patrimony, which I think is actually very logical. You can wander its medieval streets, as you can enjoy the amazing landscape which can be seen from the top of the main church. Also, another necessary visit is the city of Siena, which has an amazing Duomo and a lovely and huge square (Piazza del Campo).

Tuscany’s landscape from San Gimignano

And finally, here comes my favourite part of the trip: Venice. There’s no place in the world like this city. I had already been there some years ago, but I enjoyed it like the first time. The channels, the architecture, San Marco Square and the masks make it a really incredible and mysterious place. We had the chance to get on a typical ‘gondola’, in which we sailed the city for 40 amazing minutes. We could see the city from a very interesting position, while the ‘gondolero’ was explaining us very interesting facts of Venice. It was an incredible experience. I also loved the islands of Murano and Burano, specially the last one.



Finally, we visited the cities of Verona and Milan. I must say that I didn’t like them so much as Firenze or Venice, but maybe the reason was the tiredness of the last day.

This trip has also given me the opportunity of meeting people who I have been with a huge part of my life, and I have realized that some people are nicer than they seemed to be in the school.


Anyway, this trip has really influenced me in some different ways, and I feel really thankful for this experience, which has helped me to be a better person.

JAUME ESTELLERS
2n batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment