Thursday, April 24, 2014

ITALY 2014. Laura M.

ITALY, A DREAM COME TRUE

How many times have you wished to go to a different country with all your friends? Well, I achieve it! I went to Italy with all my classmates and I passed really good moments.

The first day we went to Pisa, which in my opinion is not an extraordinary city, Pisa only has three monuments (the baptistery, the “duomo” and the Leaning Tower of Pisa), that’s all. After there, we went to Lucca. There I got lost with Silvia, Laia and Mariona while we were riding tandems. We only had 15 minutes to arrive at the place we had rented them and to the square we said to meet all again. So, we had to ride around the wall as fast as we could. At certain point we stopped because we hadn’t found anything and we only had between 10 and 5 minutes left. We asked some citizens and finally we could arrive on time, even a few minutes before! After that curious and funny adventure, we went to the hotel in Florence. There, the first thing we did was taking a shower; we needed it a lot!! The horrible surprise we had was when we tasted the dinner’s food. As far as I’m concerned a lot of the students think that the pasta was too hard. The taste wasn’t nasty, it was good, but some dishes, like the pasta, were weird, for example the flan had powders inside.

The second day, we went to the Museum Uffizi; we needed to wait for approximately 3 hours. I was shattered, I had backache… With some friends, we played cards and Joan did some magic tricks with them. Silvia, Laia, Anna, Yang, Mariona and I went to the square “Porcellino” where we touched the nose of the statue of a piglet. It’s widely known that if someone touches its nose with a coin in his hand while he is thinking a wish, and after the coin fall down and enter in a grating, it will be done. At night, after dinner, we went to “Piazza della Signoria” where Lurdes, Mario and some students spend a joke to other students: we said that they had to circling above a mark on the floor and that then they would notice a burning sensation. After that some of my group of friends and I played a game that consist of not to say yes, no or ok; among other games.


The third day, we went to San Gimigniano. There the most of the students visited the museum of the torture and the death penalty. In the last one, Miriam tried to take a picture of Anna P in front of the guillotine, figuring that her head was the one someone cut. But in that moment, Joan touched Anna’s neck and she started to scream and she ran away, so I appeared on the picture instead of her. It was so funny! In San Gimigniano I also ate an ice cream from an ice cream saloon which has some prizes to some flavors as the best in the world in 2014. After that, we went to Siena where my friends and I had a small problem to find a cheap and cheerful restaurant. After searching it on the city, we went to the first place we were and there we found a good restaurant. Unfortunately, we didn’t have enough time to eat, so we finished our lunch on the street. After that, we returned to Florence, to its viewer. Everyone tried to take pictures of Florence at night. Almost all my pictures were wrong, but finally I got to take a few good.

The fourth day, we left the hotel and we went to Padua. Laia, Silvia, Mariona, Yang, Joan, Sergi and I ate at an amazing and cheap restaurant which its food was really good (extraordinary). When we finished the lunch, we visited a bit the city and we met again with the other students. We took a visit of the “Cappella degli Scrovegni”. Few minutes before the last meeting, we passed next to a supermarket and we entered in. We didn’t have enough time to arrive at the square on time, but for me that didn’t care, so I started to run and stopped some times because the other girls didn’t want to run more. Finally, Laia and I arrived, and after us more people started to reach the square, and all of them had to pay “the penalty”.

The fifth day, we caught the “vaporetto” to San Marcos. I visited it with Laia, Silvia, Anna, Mariona, Yang, Arnau and Sergi. We did a lot of things, but the most awesome was what we did to take a gondola. We talked with a lot of gondoliers and they always said 80€ per gondola (we needed two gondolas) and someone knock off to 60€. We said no, and finally we found a gondolier who offered us each gondola for 50€. It was a very good deal! After that, we returned to the hotel. At the end of the day, the teachers let us go for a walk. I went out with Laia, Silvia and Mariona. We walked, we sang, and furthermore, we played at a park next to the hotel.

The sixth day, we went to Burano and Murano, where we didn’t do anything spectacular. And we returned to San Marcos. There, Laia and I went to the “Palazzo Ducale” and inside of it there was the “Ponte dei Sospiri” and, moreover, an old prison. We were here and there, and after we couldn’t find the exit. To get out, we had to pass under the rope which separates the driveway and out. But, it wasn’t all. After all the visits, when we went to catch the bus, it wasn’t there, it was damaged! We were waiting almost 3 hours. While we were waiting, I and some more were doing some logical problems: one is impossible! We haven’t the answer yet! Finally, a bus of another group of the hotel picked us and we could return to the hotel, unfortunately, we couldn’t go to the disco.

The seventh and last day, we went to Verona and after to Milan. In Verona, in Juliet’s house there’s a Juliet’s sculpture, and we tough one of her chest because is said that it will help you in love. In a store next to the Juliet’s house, the employees stitch your name on a card, free! In Milan, I bought pasta and with Mariona, Laia and Silvia went to an Italian shop called “Ovs” and bought some clothes (I only got one shirt). Laia and I had to run to arrive on time at the square. Finally, we went to a restaurant for dinner. When we finished, I went to the bathroom and when I went back, my jacket wasn’t there! I thought one of my friends had caught it. Some students were already in the bus, so until the students who were with me and I went to the bus I didn’t feel quiet. When we arrived I could see there was my jacket.

During the last day and the next day we needed to arrive at Barcelona we played a game called “the clamp”. You had to say the name of the person who you are talking to. If you don’t do it, you can have the luck that she/he doesn’t have the clamp (we did it with a hair rubber), but if she/he has it, the clamp is for you and you have to pass it to another “victim”.

At the end of the trip, I hadn’t had to pay any penalty!! This trip will be a good memory for all my life; I will never forget it and it will be always in my heard.



LAURA MARSAL
2n batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment