Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A HALLOWEEN STORY. Anna F. (3 ESO B)


Nightmares. Those terrible dreams that don’t let us sleep. Some people dream about ghosts, other people dream about haunted houses, others dream about monsters,… But they don’t see the true nightmare.

I don’t remember the first day that I saw it. I always knew it was around me. I always tried to see it. But it wasn’t until one day. I was sitting on the grass watching the trees. I remember it far away. It wasn’t a regular person, it was very tall. It had very thin legs. It looked ill. I recognised him as I looked straight. I remember it like if it was yesterday. It started coming to me. I couldn´t believe that I would finally discover who that thing was that had been trying to scare me all my life. My heart started beating faster. As it came closer I standed on the grass. I didn’t have enough strength but I started running. I had to chase it. It started running to me as well but suddenly it dissapeared. But then I realised that it was behind me. I couldn’t see its face clearly but I remember that it was disfigured and very bloody. It took my into its arms and start scratching my belly with very large fingers. I couldn’t move. I started bleding. It pulled of my 5 months baby fetus and started devouring it.

I woke up. I felt very bad. I was trying to get up when I saw a very large spot of blood all over me. I went to the hospital with my pajamas. I was very weak. I touched my stomach and thought of my baby. Would it be dead? -I thought. I started crying as I went into the examination room. When the doctor turned around I almost fall because I saw the face of that thing of my nightmare but then it turned out being just my imagination. He asked me why I came and I explained him about the blood. He asked me where and I looked at myself but there wasn’t blood on my body or any injury. I didn’t know what was going on. I saw the blood! But I asked for a check of my baby anyway. My surprise was when the doctor told me that I wasn’t pregnant. I returned home. I sat on my bed as I realised that everything was over he already took my mind. I laid on in front of that monster in my nightmares, looking deeply into its eyes. It won. It took me into his arms and started suffocating me. But I didn’t resist. It had the control. It took my life.


We all have a monster inside, looking for our pain. They want our lives, they want us. We just have to ignore them. Don’t give them a chance to catch you. When you are in the shower, when you watch the TV, when you put on a sweater or while you are reading this, they are watching you. Waiting for you to turn around. Don’t mind them, because if they know that you know them… you’re dead.

ANNA FRANQUESA
3rd ESO B

No comments:

Post a Comment