Thursday, November 5, 2015

A SCIENCE FICTION STORY. Lourdes G. (1 BATX A)

OUR TECHNOLOGIC RELATIONSHIP

It was the first time Lara talked to me like that. For me it was unbelievable because I was considered one of the most gorgeous Scientists at 2050. I’ve reached about more than fifty prizes about my science experiments and Lara was one of my best projects. She was more than a computer; she was my only partner in the hard work of science and one of the reasons for continuing inventing things to make the lives of humans easier. 

At first, it seemed to be a joke, but then I understood that she was talking so serious to me. I didn’t know what to do, my favorite invention wasn’t following the instructions so I think that the reason could be that they were so difficult, so I changed them but she also started arguing with me that make me feel so surprised. Lara started to destroy all the materials that were in the laboratory to make me understand that she was not going to follow me in any case. I was so nervous because this fall could be a big problem in my career so I phoned a friend called Tom to come to help me with Lara.

Tom was one of my childhood friends. We were born in a town near the coast and our mothers became friends so it brings us the opportunity to spend as much time as possible together. All over the years we continued our lives in different ways. I have spent all my time into science projects and he has been doing a degree of technology.

When he came, I was searching for some information about how to restart the machine because Lara was out of control. It’s true that when I entered in his code and I introduced some human feelings and that was the first mistake. Now she was thinking without my help and she had a critical sense. My friend told me that it could be the end of my career and the biggest problem would be that of my mistake the computers will govern us in the future. He also gave me the idea of destroying the computer but I wasn’t convinced about that.

At the end, I decided to talk to Lara to make her understand what would be the end if she continued with that attitude. She didn’t seem to understand it so I took a hammer and with all the pain of my heart, I hit to her screen and she died.

Since then, I have invented other kind of things, but I have never told anyone about the mistake I made. Lara was more than a machine; she was a friend that in one moment of her life that became mad. 



LOURDES GUILLÉN
1 BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment