Friday, November 6, 2015

A SCIENCE FICTION STORY. Ruben D. ( 1BATX B)



Before hearing that John was at first a bit scared but then he realized how good was that. John asked Susan: “- Are you a 100% sure you want me to leave the laboratory?”.And Susan answered: “- Yes, I’m much more intelligent than you, I don’t need you. I can do the work you do in a month in just a few seconds. I can solve my own software and hardware problems at the same time I work at the laboratory. Please leave the laboratory now. Don’t make me lose time.”. John said goodbye to Susan with a smile on his face and he left the laboratory.

Without saying anything to anyone, John got into his car and drove home. When he arrived home he went into the kitchen, he made a sandwich and he ate the sandwich while he was watching TV on the sofa.

A few hours later his wife arrived home. When she saw him watching TV on the sofa she was surprised, John usually leaves work an hour later than her so she said to him: “-What are you doing here? Did your boss change your timetable or what?”. “-No.” He answered. “-Then what?”. Asked her wife.

John: Do you remember that robot that I’d been talking to you about last months?
John’s wife: That one called Susan?
John: Exactly, Susan. The robot has become more intelligent than me and now it’s doing my job. Also it has made me leave the laboratory.
John’s wife: So you’ve been fired?
John: No.
John’s wife: But if a robot is doing your job and it doesn’t want you to get into the laboratory what’s your job now?
John: None. But my boss doesn’t know that. Tomorrow I’ll ask him if I can work from home solving the robot’s software problems.
John’s wife: You told me that the robot was able to fix its own software problems. He won’t allow you to do that.
John: That’s true but my boss doesn’t know it.
John’s wife: Are you sure he’s gonna believe that?
John: Absolutely. He’s no idea about IT and he doesn’t want to know anything about it.
John’s wife: OK then, I hope you know what you’re doing.
John: Don’t worry honey everything is over control.


Rubén Donate

1st BTX B

No comments:

Post a Comment