Tuesday, January 22, 2019

SOMEONE INSPIRING. Emma M. (2n ESO)


Someone who has been 
an inspiration for me: 
Kim NamJoon

Kim NamJoon was born in Ilsan, Seoul, South Korea. He was a normal child with normal dreams, but when he was in the high school he listened to the song “sky” of the group Epik High and he started to love rap. He began composing his own raps and he practiced a lot. He was one of the most intelligent guy in the school (he has an IQ of 148). He was invited to an audition for an underground hip-hop agency, where he met Untouchable's Sleepy, who was a judge at the audition. Sleepy was so impressed by his rap skills that he kept his phone number and passed it on to Big Hit producer Bang ShiHyuk, he auditioned and he became the first BTS member that joined to the company.

He received many bad reviews because for his appearance when them debuted, and he always was reading that bad reviews because he wanted to improve and shut up the haters. NamJoon started to learn english watching “friends” and now he can speak fluently in this language. He wrote with HoSeok and YoonGi the chapters (4 raps dedicated to the haters).

In 2018 BTS finished the “Love Yourself” era (3 albums that tries to teach you that you have to love yourself before than someone else) and they started to focus in the “Love Myself” campaign that they launched with Unicef. NamJoon did  a speech at the UN:

“I was born in Ilsan, a city near Seoul, South Korea. It’s a really beautiful place with a lake, hills, and even an annual flower festival. I spent a very happy childhood there, and I was just an ordinary boy. I used to look up at the night sky and wonder, and I used to dream the dreams of a boy. I used to imagine that I was a superhero who could save the world. In an intro to one of our early albums, there’s a line that says, “My heart stopped when I was maybe nine or 10.” Looking back, I think that’s when I started to worry about what other people thought of me and starting seeing myself through their eyes. I stopped looking up at the night skies, the stars. I stopped daydreaming. Instead, I just tried to jam myself into the molds that other people made. Soon, I began to shut out my own voice and started to listen to the voices of others. No one called out my name, and neither did I. My heart stopped and my eyes closed shut. So, like this, I, we, all lost our names. We became like ghosts.

But I had one sensory and that was music. There was a small voice inside of me that said, “Wake up, man, and listen to yourself.” But it took me quite a long time to hear music calling my real name. Even after making the decision to join BTS, there were a lot of hurdles. Some people might not believe but, most people thought we were hopeless. And sometimes, I just wanted to quit. But I think I was very lucky that I didn’t give it all up. And I’m sure that I, and we, will keep stumbling and falling like this.

BTS has become artists performing in huge stadiums and selling millions of albums right now, but I am still an ordinary 24-year-old guy. If there’s anything that I’ve achieved, it was only possible that I have my other BTS members right by my side and because of the love and support that our ARMY fans all over the world make for us. And maybe I made a mistake yesterday. But yesterday’s me is still me.

Today, I am who I am with all of my faults and my mistakes. Tomorrow, I might be a tiny bit wiser, and that’ll be me too. These faults and mistakes are what I am, making up the brightest stars in the constellation of my life. I have come to love myself for who I am, for who I was, and for who I hope to become. I’d like to say one last thing. After releasing our Love Yourself albums and launching the “Love Myself” campaign, we started to hear remarkable stories from all our fans over the world – how our message helped them overcome their hardships in life and start loving themselves. Those stories constantly remind us of our responsibility. So, let’s take all one step. We have learned to love ourselves, so now I urge you to speak yourself.

I’d like to ask all of you, “What is your name? What excites you and makes your heart beat?” Tell me your story. I want to hear your voice, and I want to hear your conviction. No matter who you are, where you’re from, your skin colour, your gender identity, just speak yourself. Find your name and find your voice by speaking yourself.
I’m Kim NamJoon, and also RM of BTS. I’m an idol, and I’m an artist from a small town in Korea. Like most people, I’ve made many and plenty mistakes in my life. I have many faults, and I have many more fears, but I’m going to embrace myself as hard as I can, and I’m starting to love myself, gradually, little by little.

What is your name? Speak yourself.”   
                                      
He is really my inspiration, and I also think he is an angel like all the BTS members. Maybe with this composition people will start understanding why they are so important to me or why I love them so much. This probably will not happen but it doesn’t matter.

They can’t stopping me loving myself.


My name is Emma Marco.


Here we leave the link of the speech ... it's worthwhile!




No comments:

Post a Comment