Sunday, March 15, 2020

8M - Are we sexist? Arlet A. (4th ESO)


BECAUSE WOMEN RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

I’ve never seen any abuse to a girl but I have heard stupid and disgusting comments from a man to a woman and obviously I have said something to that person. In general I think that men are not really informed about feminism and all that stuff, so most of the comments they make, they think it’s a joke and they don’t know how we can feel. I wish they can experience women feelings in some situations. 

I also have never suffered any abuse from a man but they have made a comment that has made me feel bad. When it happens you tell the person that is not good to say this because we feel like shit, but somehow they think it’s funny and they don’t give it importance.

As this is a big problem that is affecting increasingly to women we have to fight for our rights, our dignity and gender equality. We have to stand up to men and don’t let them be more important than us. We have to fight for equality but not only on women’s day. It’s so cool that all the people who are in favor of gender equality go out to the streets and organize demonstrations, marches and sits-in, but I think we have to fight for our rights every single day and not only this one. 

We have to stop this, and we can only do it all together.

“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”
Madonna

“Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.”
Cheris Kramarae

“It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me.”
Warsan Shire

“A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.”
Gloria Steinem

“He - and if there is a God, I am convinced he is a he, because no woman could or would ever fuck things up this badly.”
George Carlin


ARLET ARÀNEGA
4th ESO

No comments:

Post a Comment