Saturday, March 22, 2014

OXTED EXCHANGE. Joan O. (3r ESO C)

MY STAY IN OXTED

Last week I stayed in Oxted, a big village near London. They were really good days because we didn’t do any homework! But it isn’t the best thing, I met a lot of new friend and I was able to practice my English. The first time I didn’t understand them very well when they spoke to me, but two days later I was like any other British person. I think my English accent is a little bit different than before and I also learnt a lot of vocabulary. They were some of the most exciting days of my life! But the strangest thing was that it didn’t rain at all the week. I want to write a lot of things but I have to be brief.

The first day, before we took the plane to Gatwick, we shot a lot of photos and videos. We had more than three hours in the Barcelona airport’s because the flight was delayed. We had time to relax and ate some food. Finally, when we arrived to the other airport, we went with the school bus to the school. All the people was staring me because my appearance is really different. But all the people were really friendly and in a few of hours I was completely integrated with the rest of the group. 

We spent two days in London. London is bigger than Barcelona but I think Barcelona has more touristic places. But London it’s also a really good city and there are different shops to buy all the things that you want. We saw the Buckingham palace, The Big Ben, St Paul's Cathedral, The London Eye, Piccadilly Circus, Hamleys… We had very interesting days!

Another day we went to Brighton. It’s a coastal city with a lot of different shops. There I spent more than 20 pounds! There is a shopping centre and a pier. We had lunch next to the beach and it was really hot.

And the family who cared about me was incredibly friendly, comprehensive, careful, generous, polite, sociable, nice… and because I don’t know more positive adjective. If I knew more I would write them because it’s a very good family. I hope I’m going to see them again and that my family is going to treat Hannah as well as I was treated.

JOAN OLLER
3r ESO C

No comments:

Post a Comment