Saturday, December 8, 2012

A HUNDREDTH OF A SECOND. Judith D. (2n batx B)


A hundredth of a second

It was so hard and difficult to see that video for the first time. When I saw it, I shuddered; I stayed without words… I hated the journalist and included I had thought that it should be her who died. I thought that she deserved it for having let the poor girl murder… it’s totally unforgivable to depreciate an innocent life of that way... I’m really indignated. The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

I didn’t like it in the beginning, it’s obvious, and I still think about it but... What should we do in a position like that?

I hope I would throw the camera and help the child, but if this history is real, this death, maybe can really save millions. It is hard to think that... Is this the case that you sacrifice one to save others? It is just terrible that something like this happens because we need to have a choice...

Yes It's sad, but... what can we do? That is the truth. It is what the photographer decided to do, and in the end the girl died. I'm almost 100% sure  that nobody likes to see these things, and that everybody should be upset because of that but the real truth is that apart from that reflexion, nobody will do anything to change it.

That last thing is much more depreciable than the journalist because, in fact, journalist photographs have enabled action for peace around the world. It is exactly contrary to thinking about yourself. It is about using your profession and abilities to make others realize they should not be thinking about their comfort when there's war elsewhere in the world. They use their job for the awareness of the others. Surely, someone will do something.

To be a photojournalist our heart must be as hard as stone, after all, once the choice has been made, there is no turning back... The real question is: How far we can go to victory, fame…? Really worth it? We are all responsible for making the death of these people mean life for others. ACT!

JUDITH DORAL VALL
2n BATX. B

No comments:

Post a Comment