Sunday, December 9, 2012

ONE HUNDREDTH OF A SECOND. Gabriel P. (2n batx A)



I'M NOT IMPORTANT


A half part of a kilometer.  That is all that separates me from the liberty. They said to us that after crossing the last town, we will find people who can help us. I hope that it will be like that…

I used to live with my mother in a little house in the north of the country. My father was fighting in the war, between horrors and pain. My mother didn’t have a job, and things were not going well. I had to work in the field every morning, since eight o’clock to eight o’clock of the evening. My little hands couldn’t resist that work for a long time. But everything change when the letter arrived.

My mum was devastated when she knew that my father was dead in the war. Two weeks later, the conflict arrived at our town and the only option was trying to cross the country and escape from everything.

... The sounds of the shoots take me back to the real time. We are arriving at the last town, but the enemies soldiers are there. I can see my mother not much far of me, she tries to smile. I’m afraid of her expression; the wrinkles are in all the face as a result of many days walking. Should everything have happened absolutely different…

We start running. Soldiers are in all streets that we cross. One of my friends is shot and fall next to me. I can stop running. The pain and the screams are around me, in every place. I’m terrified.

I only have to run fifty meters more, I can smell the liberty. Suddenly, one soldier takes me and put a gun on my head. I’m absolutely scared. A woman is watching me; maybe she wants to help me. The soldier continues talking but I don’t know what he is saying, I can only make attention on the woman.

The woman takes me a photo, I don’t understand what’s happening. Why she didn’t tell the other soldiers to help me? However I understand her. She isn’t going to do anything, I’m not important for anybody.

I look at the soldier. I look at the woman. A scream breaks the false silence of the moment. And then, nothing.

GABRIEL PORCEL
2n BATX. A

No comments:

Post a Comment