Sunday, December 9, 2012

ONE HUNDREDTH OF A SECOND. Clara M. (2n batx B)


One hundredth of a second

In more developed countries we think we’re better than people in less developed ones. I know the majority of times it’s not about thinking exactly this, but the way we’re educated and the way we live makes us look at those people as if they were different to us, and that’s not fair. We’ve not chosen were we are born, and neither have them. Probably this is what makes the photographer of the video act as she does. I’m sure she loves photography and she wants to help people, but she doesn’t realize that not everything is allowed. I mean, she follows the girl, and you may think: why she does not help the girl while she’s is running? If she had done that, she would be in trouble, would have to help other children and people and would have compromised her colleagues’ life and work. But, wait a moment. Have we thought of what we’re doing? There’s a girl with a big gun in her face and you don’t help her? I would admit that because we’re not heroes. But then the girl looks at the photographer. If I were there, I would have started crying. I think it’s not normal to take a picture of a death girl, and not any simple girl, a picture about a girl you’ve seen dying, a girl who’s looked at you crying for help, a girl who could have been you If you hadn’t been born in a ‘developed’ country.

How can human be so bad? What’s the use of wars? I can’t understand how the photographer could take that picture. Doesn’t she have a heart? How can she try to make the death of a little girl something for what people congratulate her? At least she cries, late, but she cries. Sometimes we forget we’re people, we’re human. We turn ourselves selfish, we forget out ethic. I try to put myself in the photographer’s position and I can take two conclusions. First, I’m too clumsy and crybaby for doing that job. Second, if I were brave and hard and able to do that job, I wouldn’t have taken that photo. Just for respect. Respect for another human like me who is not as lucky as I am. Respect for a girl who’s being pointed with a gun and doesn’t cry. Respect for a girl I can’t save.

CLARA MARTÍNEZ
2n BATX. B

No comments:

Post a Comment