Monday, December 10, 2012

A HUNDREDTH OF A SECOND. Lluís V. (2n batx A)


A HUNDREDTH OF A SECOND

Then I showed to my grandson an old photography of a little girl shot and lying on the floor.

   - Who is she?-he asked me.

   - I never had the possibility of asking her who she was.- I answered sadly.

   - Do you think she was a good person?

   - I’m pretty sure she was-  I said.

  - And then why did they kill her?- asked me with an innocence voice

I took a breath to answer him but I couldn’t

  - Why don’t you go to play outside, little boy?

I closed the old photo album and suddenly I felt very tired. Forty years had passed since that moment and I couldn’t forget her face yet.
I was a young soldier with the only wish of serving my country. My company was designated in a strategic town in the Middle East. It was a sunny day, people were very thankful with us and everything was going perfect. But then an explosion opened the gates of hell. Someone was shooting at us and we didn’t know what to do... We were absolutely scared.
Then I saw one of the guerrillas who were attacking us. He was threatening a young girl who was terrified. He aimed at her and I aimed at him... But I was a hundredth of a second late.

My grandson entered to the room again, interrupting my thoughts.
   - Last question grandpa –he said quickly- who took the photo?
   - Oh! Your grandmother, dear.- I answered smiling.


                                                                                                                      Lluís Viñé
                                                                                                                      2n BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment