Monday, April 6, 2015

ITALY 2015. Elisa P. (2 BATX A)

MY TRIP TO ITALY


From 20th to 28th of March I spent one of the funniest and coolest weeks of the year in Italy. I could talk about how amazing and breathtaking were the places I visited like Ponte Vecchio in Florence or the islands of Murano and Burano, but I have preferred to write about my Italian gastronomic route.

My route started on Saturday the 21st at a cute restaurant in Lucca which was pretty interesting due to it had client drawings on the walls (Abril also drew one). I ate pear raviolis in their cheese sauce which were delicious! The service also treated us very good.

On Sunday we stayed in Florence where we ate in a restaurant located in Piazza della Signoria. We chose that location, because it was the place where we were meeting the rest of the group few hours later, so that was the best way not to arrive late. The service was super, the waiters were hilarious, they were joking all the time and they were really kind with us. I ate a ham and cheese calzone which tasted really good.

On Monday we ate in Siena where we found a cool place called “La Osteria” it looked like the typical Italian restaurant and the food they served to us was unsurpassable. I ate bucatini in their tomato, gorgonzola and chilli sauce. Every time I think about them I feel the need to eat them.

Next day we went to Padua where we wanted to have a fast-eat so we could have time to walk around. That’s the reason why we went to a restaurant chain called “Kono Pizza” where we ate a new conception of pizza. “Kono Pizza” consists of a cornet made of pizza dough full filled with tomato sauce, cheese, mushrooms or the ingredients you decide to put in it. It was yummy. We also bought some French fries to take away.


On Wednesday, we went to Venice where the weather was awful, because it was raining, blowing… So at 12am we went to have something hot (tea in my case). We stayed in the same restaurant for the lunch time and I had a risotto ai funghi. The anecdote was that the waiter looked like Cameron of Modern Family (a character played by the American actor Eric Stonestreet). We also ate in Venice on Thursday. In this case I ordered a pizza which resulted to be the best pizza ever.


Although I have eaten very well every single day I reckon last day was the most memorable one. It was in Verona in a restaurant called “Vittorio Emanuele”. Everything there seemed to be super expensive due to the service. They started bringing us bread and more bread, water and more water without ordering them. I also noticed the waiters followed the protocol rules in their serving methods. The place was luxury too. We ate amazingly well (carbonara spaghettis in my case), but we were really afraid about the bill! So, when the waiter brought it we bet which was going to be the service fee. Surprisingly, it wasn’t expensive at all because we paid 15€ per person.

In summary, I loved Italy actually I had already been there before and I knew the sightseeing sites and food were fabulous, but staying there for a week has made me fall in love, even more than before, with the country.


ELISA PÉREZ
2 BATX A


No comments:

Post a Comment