Tuesday, April 7, 2015

ITALY 2015. Judith F. ( 2n ESO A)

MY TRIP TO ITALY


My trip to Italy was very exciting but a bit stressing. I will explain my original beginning.

The last day I was carrying my things quickly and I arrived a bit late at the coach. Then my new mobile was bad configured and I couldn’t phone anyone and I couldn’t send messages with Whatsapp. But finally, that wasn’t a problem because I enjoyed my trip with my friends and I think that I don’t need technologies for spending good time.

But I am going on and on... Let’s go with the trip! When I was in the coach I was very excited and there was my family outside. I was exhilarating and I felt like arriving in Italy but I knew that it would be many hours in route. The worst thing of the trip was the time in the coach because it was very uncomfortable and stifling.


The first stop was Pisa. It was a very strange city because the three important monuments are together inside the big walls. I enjoyed the city because we could go up the tower. I was very surprised because only four people went up: Elsa, Mireia, Sandra and me. The rest didn’t want and I think that it was because it cost 18 €.

We couldn’t go up the tour to the top floor because we didn't have enough time. We did a sprint going down the tower. If you arrived late, the teachers made you pay 1 €. The final collection that the teachers got was 55 € and we have to decide what we want to do with them. We arrived two minutes before but we could do the typical photo. I arrived exhausted. The first visit almost turned into the first fine.
After Pisa we went to Lucca, where we ate a typical dish of Italy: Focaccia. This is a flat oven-baked Italian bread product similar in style and texture to pizza dough. It was really good and tasty! In Lucca we went also at the Torture Museum.

When the day
finished, we went to the hotel in Florence. It was a very beautiful city and I enjoyed it a lot. It is my favourite city and then, Venice. Florence was a very magic city with tits streets with shops and restaurants and with its famous square called Piazza della Signoria. I loved that square because it was gigantic and in a side there were some big sculptures that I have worked with in History of Art. The best thing that I loved in Florence was the enormous sculpture of David of Miquel Angello that was very extraordinary.


The most beautiful thing in Florence was the famous bridge called Ponte Vechio with its big river but the best thing was going up the tour called Campanille because we could see all Florence. It was amazing! We ate very well. We tasted the typical dish: pizza!

In the city we went also one night to a place where there was an iron pig. It was a spring and you had to put a coin inside the mouth. If the coin went down straight into the sewer, it meant that you had good luck. We ate a typical and refreshing dish like the ice cream. It was delicious!


We bought lots of souvenirs and typical dishes for the family. I think that I had 400 € and I wasted almost all of them. It lasted only 70 €. I was so surprising!

One day we went to San Gimignano, a gorgeous medieval village. In that small village the teachers invited us to enter to a church and it was a place very magical. 


When we finished visiting a bit the village, we went to Siena. That town had a gigantic square where we ate one piece of pizza each one and then we lay down because of the sun.
                                    
We went to Padua, a religious city. In it I put a candle to my grandmother asking for her health. In that city I bought typical salami for the family. We ate very delicious pasta.

                


For arriving in Venice you had to take the coach and then the Vaporetto that allowed you to see the sea and the landscape. But the worst thing was that all days in Venice it rained a lot and we couldn’t go up the gondola. I bought an umbrella because mine was at the hotel. The new umbrella was broken and I was wet all the time. Because of the cold we had to enter into a bar to take hot chocolate.

The most beautiful in Venice were its streets but also its famous square of San Marcos. We saw that in the middle of the plaza there was a TV program filming and I think that we appeared in the camera. Elsa said that they were of TV1 but I couldn’t see it.

In Venice I bought a self-portrait stick and a typical mask. Then we went also to the islands of Burano and Murano. I preferred Burano because we could see some colourful houses and I could buy a small cushion. In Murano I bought two animals made of crystal.

The last day we went to Verona, where we saw the balcony of Romeo and Juliet. There was a wall full of signatures and another of padlocks. There was also a sculpture of Juliet and I had to touch her chest for having good luck in love. In the city we ate a kind of pizza folded. It was called Calzone, made of ham, cheese and mushrooms.


We also went to an Amphitheatre that was an optional visit. I liked it because I had never stayed. We could use our stick for making a selfie.


The last visit was Milan. I didn’t like this city because I think there aren’t so many monuments. Only there were shops to buy trend marks. We went to the Galeries Vittorio Emanuele to find a bull drawn in the floor. We step on his testicles and we did three laps for having good luck.


I have to say that it was a very original and fantastic experience and I recommend it a lot to anyone. I think that Italy is a very beautiful country but I want to go to Rome. I think that the next trip will be this. The best things that I have lived in the trip have been staying with friends, buying some souvenirs, visiting monuments and above everything enjoying all the places that I have visited. 

JUDITH FRANCH PRIETO
2n BATX A


No comments:

Post a Comment