Sunday, April 12, 2015

ITALY 2015. Sara F. (2n BATX B)

A TRIP TO REPEAT: ITALY 2015

Where do I start? OK, let’s start by the beginning. I’m going to omit boring things such as what places we have visited because you will already know it, so I’m going through all the interesting facts that made this trip unforgettable. 

Some of us singing at "Ponte Vecchio"
First days were a way of putting ourselves in touch with the new country, in particular with the streets of Florence and the language. During the second night, we had some free time and we decided to go to the other side of the river, but while we were crossing the famous “Ponte Vecchio” we started hearing some sounds and we saw some people who were looking at a couple of musicians who were playing the guitar and the piano, and they played it very well. We stopped to listen to them and suddenly they had begun to play a famous Spanish song called “Soldadito marinero” and, of course, we all started to sing it and to record it with our mobile phones. 

Suddenly, in our excitement, we saw that most of the people who were watching those men were singing it too, so we had noticed that we were all from Spain! It was amazing! And we also discovered that we were sat next to a group of young people who were from Tarragona. It was a magical moment, and a perfect night at “Ponte Vecchio”. 

The next day, when we had free time, we decided to go to see the paintings of the cupola of the cathedral of Florence and also go to the top of it and enjoy the views. While we were doing the queue we were thinking that we must have enough time to visit it and arrive on time but it was not. 

While we were going upstairs we were all time joking and laughing but suddenly people stopped walking and nobody was moving, then we realised that we wouldn’t arrive on time because it was collapsed and we were all caught up there! After 10 minutes without movement (the space was only for a one person) and having sent an SMS to the teachers, we continued to go upstairs and began to run because we were late. Finally we arrived at A trip Italy 2015 Some of us singing at “Ponte Vecchio” he top of the cupola and we saw the views that were breathtaking, so it was worth to pass all the previous suffering. 
Views of Florence from the cupola with some of us

We took a photo of all of us and we started running downstairs, and that was what caused me to fear for my life because I thought I would probably fall down in every moment, and as the space was so limited, if someone had fallen down, all people who were before would have fallen down too; but fortunately we exited it safe and sound and we started to run because we were so late, but not so further of “Piazza della Signoria”, where we had to meet. 

As we were a group of ten people running along the streets of Florence a lot of people looked at us very strange, and I think they thought we were steeling something but it was so funny. When we all arrived at the meeting point, fifteen minutes late, all teachers were waiting for us for paying 1€, although it was not our fault.

Those are some of the experiences I had on that trip but we had lived more such as watching Venice under the rain and see flooded “Piazza San Marco”, or going to the disco, or eating in a luxury restaurant for 15€ in Verona; but if I had to explain all of them I would probably write ten pages of composition and reading it would not be funny. 

Photo in San Gimignano, with most of us
Finally I went to Italy with a list of four things to do: take the famous picture in Pisa, eat pasta and pizza, buy a mask in Venice and have a trip in gondola; and I have done three of them because the trip in gondola was impossible because of the weather, but I will return on my own and have the last check on the list. 

All in all, I have passed an amazing time with all my classmates and I have known people with whom I didn’t have so much contact before the trip, although the weather in Venice was awful I think this made the trip more epic and unforgettable. If only I could live it again!

SARA FERNÁNDEZ
2n BATX B


No comments:

Post a Comment