Wednesday, April 1, 2015

OXTED 2015. Anna Xiu O. (3 ESO A)

I spent a week in England at the house of my exchange partner Madeleine. 


When we landed in Gatwick✈️ we were very nervous. There, the two English teachers drove us to the school. That building was old and nice but different from ours. Some students from the seven year took us through their school on a little tour.

When the lessons finished I went with Madeleine, her brother and her mother to their house which was near South Godstone. Her family was really kind and friendly with me. Her parents and siblings wanted to talk and play with me.



At weekend, I went to a lot of different places: Hever Castle, bowling, a mall, Lingfield, Crawley, Standen house...

On Monday and Tuesday we visited London to see the Big Ben, the London Eye, the Houses of Parlament, Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey, Saint James park, Buckingham palace, the National Gallery, the British Museum, Saint Paul's Cathedral and many things more.

We also sailed through the Thames river and went shopping.

The next day, we visited Brighton, which is wonderful. There are lots of little shops called Lanes and there is a platform on the sea named the Brighton Pier which has got an amusement park. There is a kind of beach but it's not because there are small stones instead of sand.

That night we had a dinner all the participants of the exchange together and watched some photos of the experience. Some of us cried it was very emotive.

Last day, we went to a few lessons with our partners. And then the hardest part we had to say goodbye to our English friends and returned Barcelona ✈️

Although I didn't spend much time with Madeleine (they didn't go to the trips ) I had so much fun. Definitely, with this fifth time visiting UK, I love everything about it,except the weather ☁️

I hope we see again each other soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment