Tuesday, March 24, 2015

ENGLISH AS A UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE. Narcís R. ( 1 BATX B)

Should English be the world language?

First of all, I agree with this sentence. Nowadays, a lot of people speak English (it is the language with the most second language speakers) and it is the official language in a lot of countries around the world.
Based on my experience, I also think that English isn’t a difficult language to learn. I studied French for 2 years, and I definitely found it much more difficult to learn than English, and I don’t think that starting to learn English when I was younger had that much impact on my opinion. Even more, If I were a foreigner and I had to learn Spanish from zero, I think that I would also be more difficult than English.
Another reason why I agree with the initial sentence is because it would be amazing if there was a global language that everyone spoke and understood so we could communicate with any person no matter what, and I think that everybody agrees on this. I know that most people want their mother tongue to be the world language, but I think that English is the closest language to achieving it, even though we are still very far from having a world language.
On another point, even if one day English became the world language (or another one), the other languages would need to be kept in order to respect other cultures.

Narcís Rodas

1st Batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment