Thursday, March 22, 2012

MY FIRST DATE. Marc F. (1r batx A)


I first saw her in a sunny day of June. She was swimming in the big Atlantic Ocean and sun had woken up that day only to illuminate her green eyes getting out of the blue density. She stood up looking to the horizon, like a fallen angel from heaven trying to distinguish home in the distance. I had to talk to her, that is what I told myself, but speaking to an angel is not any easy.

My eyes had taken a photograph, and that photo was her standing by the sea.  Unexpectedly I saw her again in a little restaurant in a remote street of a remote village, alone, drinking a Martini and dressing a red frock which made her curves a sinuous way to heaven. Chopin’s Nocturne was sounding, creating a peaceful and calmed atmosphere I am not able to describe. The lights had conspired with her to make me believe I was dreaming.

That was the moment. She glanced me and smiled gently; I did the same or I tried so. I approached to her trying to transmit the security that I did not have. Once in front, I asked her if she was alone and if I could accompany her all along the evening. Fortunately she answered me she would be very happy to have dinner with me, as she was alone. That was not the answer I expected. “Sorry, I am waiting for my boyfriend”, it was definitely what anyone would have expected from such a beautiful girl.

We started a conversation which seemed not to have an end. We both loved Schubert, Neruda and Pavese. She was having a gap year to write her first book and I was there to love her, not for a long time.

In the middle of the night she told me I should forget her as fast as I had fallen in love with her. Next morning she had gone back to heaven and I went directly to hell.
I still remember her unique smile and her honey lips. Now that reality, which seemed to be a dream, is a dream. And now reality is hard to stand without her, without a guide in the night, without that angel looking to the horizon in a sunny day of June that stole my heart and flew away.

Marc Flores, 1st BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment