Saturday, January 26, 2013

TRAVELLING. Clara M. (2n batx B)


If I had money and time I would go to…

If I had money and time I would travel around Europe this summer with an Interrail pass. My lack of travelling is killing me and I’ve decided that I have to recover the time I’ve lost all this years. I could have been to lots of places, so I’ll go to lots of places in only one travel. Backpacking with friends has to be a fantastic experience. With the years, I’ve changed my ideas of a good trip. I used to think that I wanted to be in a great hotel visiting one city or country, but now I’ve realized that I want adventure, I want to meet people, I want to improvise what I do, I want to sleep in a train station.

So, in these last months I’ve been preparing the travel that I won’t do (because my friends don’t have money, and I don’t know if my mother would have a heart attack just of thinking of me being alone around Europe sleeping in hostels). With the simplest Interrail pass you can travel around the majority of countries of Europe through ten days, in which there are five days you can take trains. Taking benefit of the 7 p.m. rule, you can travel one day after 7 p.m. and the next day with counting just one day of travel in you pass, so my best friend’s and mine idea was going to Paris, Brussels, Bruges, Ghent, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and Bern. Just the idea of taking the train with my bag in my back blows my mind.

But if I had more money, there are more places I would love to go. Lately I’ve added to my list of blogs (which was only about fashion) some great travelling blogs I’ve discovered. In Landlopers I found a list of the blogger’s favorite places he had been in 2012 and I went completely mad for Cape Town. It’s a place completely different from the city in which I live. I want to see the beauty and incredible landscapes, the fantastic town hall with the rock walls behind, the amazing beaches furthermore the diversity of people that live there, because the country has had lots of immigration from Malaysians to Eastern Cape people who make an incredible mix of cultures. I would also love to bike around a township, to see the reality of lots of people from which I should learn a lot about how to affront life. It would be really rewarding.

On the contrary, I’d love to visit Pammukale, in Turkey. It’s a completely different type of journey. I discovered this amazing place in What’s Dave Doing?, another blog. The name means ‘cotton castle’ in English. It’s a deposit of minerals with warm water which has formed natural swimming pools with the shape of terraces and, with the lights of the sun, the minerals make the water look as if it was of different colors. An out of this visit would be it’s an utterly crowded place. It’s turned so much touristic that I’ve read it’s even difficult to walk around the terraces.

Pammukale would be a summer visit, but, in winter, I’d like to go to Iceland to see the geysers. It has to be overwhelming to see the water going out from under the ground and getting such a tall high. Also, the landscape, the snow and the mountains have to be fantastic for not only taking photos, but trekking and hiking too.

Finally, I have to add a last place I’d like to be in, even though there are a lot of them which I wouldn’t have place in this composition for making justice to them. I’d like to walk along the Siq at Petra, Jordan. I’ve read lots of travelers’ experiences about it. They all say the walk is really worth it. The natural formations and the vibrant hues of the rocks must be unforgettable. Also, without expecting it, finding in front of you the enormous and splendorous Treasury has to be breathtaking.

Hence, by the way of conclusion, I would like to finish by saying: world, please, wait for me. I’m saving.

Clara Martínez Arcas
2n Batxillerat B

No comments:

Post a Comment