Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TRAVELLING. Marc F. (2n batx A)


MY PLACE IS MY WAY

I took it and I put what’s essential on a traveller’s bag (some clothes and money) and got away. No sentimental farewells with my family, just a note: “Love you! I got no problem with you, mom and daddy; I just need to see the world spinning round.  XOXO”. That’s what I left at home: a note, love and a whole life.

So there I was, walking on the train station, getting the first train that passed. I am foresighted, so I decided not paying for any ticket from then on. I appeared in France three hours later. It was wonderful! I had done it! I was free for the first time in my life! I remember that first stop as the second most wonderful one: I didn’t know Bordeaux was so pretty. I visited all western France by train, freely until I was caught by a gendarme and, consequently, I said goodbye to 100€. Fortunately, I could get to Weimar, a city with a lot of history and culture and after having visited most of the German lands and after two months sleeping on the street and eating whatever, I spent all my money left to pay a ticket to go to China.


Guangzhou: I had never heard about it. As far as I am concerned, it is the second airport of China. I had no money so, what did I have to do? I had to work. I couldn’t pronounce a word in Chinese, so it was very, very difficult. I passed very three months. Thanks God, I found the most compassionate and generous man I have ever met: Chen Wang Tse. I was stealing food from his little shop when he saw me. I got paralyzed and, waiting for a beating, he gave me lunch, work and shelter! I can’t thank him with words... I was desperate.

I stayed with him for three years. He had lost his wife and his son on a fatal fire on his house... He kind of adopted me. We visited Mongolia and most of China; he had been saving from his first insignificant salary to do what we were doing; not with be but with his son. Suddenly, he died. I had never cried so much... In fact, I am still now crying his death: he was my father. Sad, stunned and in pain, I, thanks to the money he had left me, left that country I would always relate with the best man ever. “辞 行”, dear Chen.

Now, in Zambia, I live in a little village where time doesn’t exist, nor sadness. I am thinking to get back, but as I write these words, I see clearer that my place is my way. And I’ll keep walking.

MARC FLORES
2n BATX A

No comments:

Post a Comment