Monday, November 7, 2016

EL COLLELL 2016 Paula M. (1 BTX B)

EL COLLELL EXPERIENCE

Last week on Wednesday, we got on the coach and went to an amazing rural house in El Collell, located between Pla de l’Estany and la Garrotxa.

In the bus I was sitting next to Paula, we needed a break after all the tiring days we have had in school. Although the trip was quite long we didn’t get bored, we tried to watch a very creepy film, “The Ring”, but the curves of the road didn’t allow us to finish it, so we started talking until we got there.

My first impression was really good, the house was away from everything and the landscape was very nice, the air you could breathe was pure and the sky was blue as if it was a photo.

The instructors were waiting for us, we made groups for the activities proposed for the three we were staying there and we had lunch. I was a bit scared, a week before going I was praying for an acceptable meal, and there it was, more than acceptable it was exceptional!

The first activity my group had to do was in the forest, it was a treetop adventure park which I obviously didn’t want to do, because I hate heights. My team members had so much fun doing the activity, although some of them got trapped in the first level. I also had fun watching them getting trapped.

At night we were so exhausted, but there was one activity left to do, it was inside the forest and we had to carry our flashlight, the night was incredibly dark you could see every single star. I can’t remember what the activity was about, because I got tired of tripping so I sat with other people and we looked up at the stars. After that we went straight to bed. We had to charge our battery, at least mine, that was empty.

If I though the first day was exhausting, then the second day was going to kill me. We took the bicycles and went to a river “near” the rural house, we rode through a lot of sand where for instants I thought my face was going to eat the ground, but it didn’t happen! When we arrived at the river some of my crazy team members jumped of a small cliff and got in the very cold water. When we finally got to the house we had to have a shower. After that I played ping-pong and I needed another shower, but I bore the heat till the afternoon when we made a gymkhana, if my counting abilities are still on use I think I twisted my left ankle four times. One advice, wear always mountain sneakers not casual ones please!

That night was the best one, the ones who wanted sang in a karaoke and then we went to the disco, a pretty cool one, if your clothes had white details you could shine in the dark! I had so much fun; everyone was dancing and singing like crazy.

The third day was the last one, my group had to do laser tag, I strangely had so much fun killing my team members, at first I felt bad but then I couldn’t stop. Then we rode quads, well at least I tried to, Paula who was behind me at first was quite scared as I crashed in every single curve, but we finally had fun. The last activity we did was archery, which was as all the other ones pretty enjoyable.


After having lunch we sadly had to leave, I wanted to stay one more day, I felt very comfortable with the group I was and also with the instructors we had, they were all friendly and seemed as another team member. I would definitely repeat this experience, it was a perfect way to disconnect not only of the exams and school but also of the mobile phone and the duties we all have every day.


PAULA MONTESINOS
1 BTX B

No comments:

Post a Comment