Thursday, November 3, 2016

USA EXCHANGE Marc S. J. (1 BTX A)

My experience in the US

On Friday 14th October, I went to the airport to go to the US with more people of my grade, because we went there for an exchange program. We were on the plane for 9 hours, the trip was so long, and we went by bus to “Our Lady of Good Counsel High School” to meet our host families. After that, all of us were enjoying an American football game, because the school has American football team, soccer team, basketball team… it has lots of teams. In the US, each school has a characteristical animal, and this school has the falcon.

The next day, I went to the pumpkin patch to take a pumpkin, I took a big one. Then, Ainoa, Andrea and me went to a birthday party of a friend of our hosts. There was music, food and everyone dancing (but not us, because we hadn't heard those songs before).

On Sunday 16th October, I went to the open house of the school and I stayed with Miquel and Estel. After that, everybody went to Gavi's house (Anna Xiu's host) to do a barbecue, it was very good and lots of us jumped into the swimming pool, it was cold when we left the swimming pool but it was funny.

On Monday, we did a tour around the school, we saw lots of classes and we did three periods with our host partner, I did biology, art and the last period I stayed at the library.

On Tuesday, we went to Washington D.C. to see the monuments of the city, we visited the Abraham Lincoln memorial and the Obelisc. After that, we went to have lunch at Chipotle's, and we went around the city and we turned back to school. Most of us went to Gavi's house in the afternoon and we ate pizzas and we went to the swimming pool another time, it was good.

On Wednesday 19th October, we could stay at home or go to school, and I preferred to stay home. In the afternoon, we went to National Harbor, it was a beautiful place, we took some photos of the wheel and we entered to the wheel, it was funny, because some people didn't want to enter because they were scared when they were very high.

The next day, we visited the Baltimore's Aquarium, it was very nice, and we saw a dolphin show. Then, we went to have lunch and we went to a mall to see some stores and all the girls wanted to go to Victoria's Secret… I prefer to forget that moment! Most of us went to laser tag, it was very good, because I was in the second position in the first game.

On Friday, we visited Washington D.C. again, but that time to see the museums, we went to the American-Indian museum and the Space and Air museum, they were amazing. When we arrived at the school, I went with the family of my brother's host, because they wanted to meet me, because my brother went to this exchange 3 years ago. At night, we went to the “Field of Screams”… I laughed a lot, because Maria was very scared and that situation was very very funny.

The following day, I went shopping with my brother's host, I went to Abercrombie and Hollister to buy some clothes for my brother and me. After that, I went to my host home, because I had to sleep.

On Sunday, most of us went to New York, I went with Miquel by train. There, we met Estel and later we met Ainoa and Andrea. We visited Times Square, Central Park, 9/11 memorial… lots of things. It was a beautiful city, but there were lots of homeless. We turned back home by bus, it was a tired day.

The last day, Monday 24th October, we went to school and we did some periods. we had lunch there, after that, somebody was crying, because we had to leave Maryland, it was a sad moment, but we had to go to the airport to go to Barcelona.

We arrived in Barcelona on Tuesday morning, we saw our families, but we wanted to be there for more time. And now, we are waiting for them.

We learnt a lot with this beautiful experience and we hope that they will learn too.

MARC SAN JOSÉ
1 BTX A

No comments:

Post a Comment