Tuesday, November 11, 2014

MY FAVOURTIE ADVERTISEMENT EVER. Diana B. (1 BATX B)

Advertisements are boring for everyone except for the people who dedicate their lives to it, I suppose. Well, at least, I’m in the first group.

There are only few types of advertisement I like: perfume advertising, car advertising and film advertising. I like the first two for what they transmit, that are feelings. For example have you ever noticed how happy is the driver or the family riding on the car advertised? Yes, that’s the point. 

The same happens with perfume advertisements. They sell you a beautiful city, a beautiful life… and it’s impossible not to feel anything about  that but  I am very aware that this isn’t real. If I bought “Dior” I wouldn’t be living a wonderful life in Paris. Everybody knows. Film advertisements are (popularly) known as “trailers”. I think that they are just advertisements presented differently. I agree that we could discuss about this but this is not the object of this composition.


So, there’s only one advertisement that doesn’t fit into these categories, which I like. Actually, there’s more than one. The Estrella Damm ones. We have to admit it: they are creative and geniuses.

They sell you feelings: freshness, love, friendship, etc., which fit perfectly in summer.

These advertisements summarize a perfect summer trip. Usually there is a group of friends who travel in the Mediterranean coast and enjoy  perfect holidays. Between scenes, a couple of bottles of Estrella Damm appear.

What your brain does is unconsciously associate one thing with another: Happy Summer with friends on the beach equals Happiness, and this Happiness means Estrella Damm. I know it looks complicated, but it exists on the twisty minds of the publicity – maker. It’s their strategy.

My favorite one was in 2010. It’s about that, four friends (two girls and two boys) who go on a ship – travel. Two friends are a couple and the other two like each other but they are not together, and at the end they kiss. “At the end” means: at the end of the advertisement, of course, and in the end of the summer. It’s like a fairy –tale story with a happy ending.

These advertisements are famous because they are only in television on summers. The song which is played in this three long minute advertisement is normally nominated as the “Summer Song of the year”.

Finally, I just want to add that publicity it’s with us, everywhere, in our houses, on the streets, in the schools. For example: look at our English book. It is publicizing its editorial even though we can barely notice. 

Honestly, I have to say there are pretty funny advertisements (and I am not referring to “acierto.com”). And that’s good, I guess.


DIANA BADIA
1 BATX B




No comments:

Post a Comment