Thursday, November 6, 2014

MY STAY IN THE U.S. Laura C. (1 BATX B)

MY EXPERIENCE IN USA


When this experience started I was very excited. “I will be two whole weeks in the United States, it will be amazing” I thought.

First of all we went to the airport and we said good-bye to our families. Then we boarded the plane, the flying hours spent very slowly! But we were glad when we saw all the host families were waiting us. My American sister was waiting for me with a big welcoming sign, it was incredible!

That night I went with my host family and my friend Marina to a typical American restaurant, we finished all filled.

The second day in USA Katia, my exchange student, and I were to “High School Our Lady of Good Counsel” and she showed me the school, it is like the films! After that, all of the students who participated in this ex-change went to Gabi’s house and we had a party. Our Americans girls cooked us a fantastic welcoming cake, it was a surprise. We danced all afternoon and then we back at home to sleep. We waited a full week of new experiences!

On Monday all of our ex-change students had an exam and we stayed at home. When Katia finished her exam we went with Laia and her ex-change student to a field to looking for Halloween pumpkins. And the afternoon we did the face of our Halloween pumpkin, the truth is that it was really nice.

 The next two days we went to school, I could see a lot of differences regarding our school. For example they have lockers; a classroom for each subject and the lessons take one hour and a half long.

The rest of the week we went to Annapolis, the capital of Maryland, we visited the naval marine academy and we took many pictures with the mariners. It was a wonderful place to visiting! And we also saw two interesting museums: Natural History and Air and Space. Both were very curious to see, but I preferred the Air and Space museum because it surprised me more than the other.




At the weekend all the exchange students did different things. On Saturday night I went with Katia to birthday, we danced all the night. Sunday was the day to rest, but I went shopping with my host family and I bought a lot of clothes. 

At second week what we did was visit different places of Maryland. We went to Great Falls of Potomac; it is a wonderful natural place. Also we visited the Monuments of D.C. like the White House, we walked to the National World War ll Memorial and we went to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, which shocked me.



And this is a short summary of our trip. I have learned a lot of things and a different way to live. They have many different habits, for example the times when they have lunch and dinner. Another different thing is that the houses are very big, they are like mansions! 

LAURA CONDE
1 BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment