Wednesday, November 5, 2014

MY STAY IN THE U.S. Ru C. (1 BATX B)

MARYLAND

Before going to Maryland, my exchange Savannah and I were in touch by whatsapp. It was one of the reasons that I wanted so much to go there and have fun. She seemed very friendly and I was excited to meet her and her family.

I could not believe that the day finally arrived! However, we had to be at the airport at 4:30 am, and it means that I had to wake up at 3 o’clock! We were very excited, but then we thought: “OH MY GOD! 10 hours in a plane!” the trip was so boring that I fell asleep almost all the trip. Also, the food, as usually is in planes, was disgusting.

When we arrived at America, all exchange students were waiting for us with balloons and banners, and our families “adopted” us. We were really tired due to jet lag, so every student went to their houses. The exchange was on!



Next day at the afternoon, we had fun at Gaby’s welcome party in her house, who is Monica’s exchange. The celebration was great with music everywhere and American food.

Monday was a day off of classes! However, we went to see the school that we would go the three days we had classes.


During the first week we went to Annapolis and saw two museums in Washington DC: Natural History and Air and Space.

At Friday evening, almost all the exchanges and their students went to Field of Screams. It was a field with different horror activities implicate with Halloween. First of all, we went to a horror house. When more people came, we went into another scary place with a lot of monsters; we were excited and frighted by them. It was one of my favorite times in USA.


The weekend was fun too, because Savannah, Laia and I went to a Halloween party with a lot of people that we had not met before. And on Sunday I spent 4 hours watching volleyballs matches. It was boring, but nobody said that all in this exchange had to be fun.

After a week with Savannah, we know a lot of things about our life that we told each other like who are our friends, our favorite types of music, all of our love problems …Also, her parents were very nice. I felt like in my home.

Before I went to Maryland I thought that American food will be disgusting, but when I tasted it I liked and they have a lot of fast food restaurants.

We did more excursions in Maryland during the last week we stayed there. We went to: Great Falls of Potomac, we saw many monuments in Washington DC, our exchange students and we went to the aquarium in Baltimore, and finally, on Thursday we spent the day in Chinatown. Also, on Thursday, we had been in a farewell party with a bonfire, delicious marshmallows and fireworks.


On Friday afternoon, after classes, we met at the airport and we said goodbye to American girls. It was very sad and some people cried. But we will see them again in January!




The experience to go to USA has been fantastic! I will always remember it.


RU CÁRDENAS
1 BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment