Friday, November 7, 2014

MY STAY IN THE U.S. Paula F. (1 BATX B)

MY EXPERIENCE IN USA

When the school told us that they were preparing an exchange program I was very excited of the idea. There were a lot of people that wanted to go but only 12 of us were allowed to do it. We were 11 girls and only one boy.  I was very lucky to be chosen. Before going to the States, our teachers gave us the names of our exchange students and we immediately looked for them on facebook and started to chat with them. We all were very excited about going there and meeting our new friends.

The flight was very boring and I couldn’t sleep in the plane, and the food, as usually in planes, was disgusting. When we arrived there, at the airport, the families were waiting for us. They had to wait for two hours because after the landing, we had to go through customs. Then I went to a mall with my host family and two other friends of mine but we didn’t buy anything because we were very tired. My first impression of the family was that they were very nice and friendly, they asked me a lot of questions about me and my life in Barcelona. On the following day, we went to the school; it was the open doors day. I was very impressed by the fact that the school was that big and it had a lot of fields, classrooms, the main hall and all the school in general.

During the two weeks we’ve done different trips like when we went to the Great Falls or the Smithsonian museums. The trip that I liked the most is when we went to DC Monuments; we saw the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, the White House, the Capitol and the WWII Memorial. It’s a very beautiful place and it’s awesome to see it. I really enjoyed this trip.




Some days we had to go to our exchange students’ classes and depending on the teacher I couldn’t understand anything.

On Friday afternoon we went to Field of Screams with the whole group of American and Spanish exchange girls, and we ate fried Oreos. I loved them! Some of us were scared and I hurt my head in the dark. It has been such a funny day!!

On our last day in the States, after the classes with hosts, we had a dinner with all of us and we took a lot of funny pictures, and then we went to the airport to come back to Barcelona. When the time to say goodbye arrived, everybody was so sad. It was really hard to say goodbye to all of them! Most of the girls were crying and hugging each other. When we arrived to Barcelona all of our parents were waiting for us and all of us run to hug them!


It was a good experience and I’ll never forget it!




PAULA FORNIELES
1 BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment