Thursday, November 6, 2014

MY STAY IN THE U.S. Ana F. (1 BATX B)

MY TRIP TO AMERICA

My trip to America is the best experience that I could have. I’ve learned a lot of things that I didn’t know before. It was difficult for me to adapt to this new lifestyle because they have many different habits, for instance, the times that they have lunch and dinner.  My exchange student’s name is Taylor. Dana is her lovely sister and she’s fourteenth years old. They go to the same school. Her parents are friendly people and I spend a good time with them. Taylor is in a hockey team and she’s the best one. Dana is in a soccer team and she’s too good. Lee is the mum and she had been a Cheerleader for a long time.

My first day when I arrived to the airport Taylor was waiting for me with her mother with a big welcome card. This was so cute! Later, we went to the best shopping center of Maryland where I bought so many clothes. Then she showed me her wonderful and impressive house. So I had a busy day and I went to sleep very early.

On Sunday it was an open house so we went to the school and saw aspect installations offer. Taylor had to show the school with other students to the families that want know about the Good Counsel. She was too stressful doing that. The high school is very big and has a lot of classes, which is very different that in Barcelona. They have different class for every subject. Everyone participates in some activity that the school offers. If I had to do an activity I would choose theatre and would join the soccer team.

The next two days I went to normal classes with Taylor and some of my friends that are also in this exchange. The rules of the classes are so different from ours because they have iPads and they can play on them if they want and they can do other subjects other than the class they are in. Taylor had an important game that she won and it was very interesting because I have never seen girls playing hockey before.

On Saturday I went to Philadelphia with Taylor and her mum. We visited the entire town and the old monuments. We mount in a carriage pulled by one horse.  After the man explained the trip we had learnt more things. As we know a lot of thing as we will have a perfect consciousness. At the night we went to a scary tunnel that was amazing!! I have never been at that frightening tunnel before. In a future if I can I will go again.




On Sunday I spend all the day with Laura because Taylor had to do all her homework and had a lot of exams. Katia is the exchange student of Laura but she was studying too. So we went together with father’s Katia. I bought too much like Laura so we became crazy.

The next days we visited some places of Washington all the evenings with our teachers. But our exchange students had to be in her classes. But only one day they could spend the evening with us. We visited two interesting museums, the Great Falls that was really pretty. One day we went to the China Town and we shopped some souvenir for our families or friends.

 


The last day it was Halloween and Taylor compelled me to wore a fancy custom. But was funny because we wore the same. The farewell with the other teachers of America prepared a big meeting where we did a lot of photos and ate some food.


Finally we had to left an amazing trip that I will miss so much. I hope I will see again all my new Americans friends and my sister Taylor. It was hard the farewell!
Ana Forner

1r BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment