Sunday, November 2, 2014

MY STAY IN U.S. Mònica C. (1r BATX B)




Being in the USA has been the best experience of my life.

The first day my friends and I were really excited and nervous. We stayed awake the whole plane trip. On the plane we watched some films and we talked. When we arrived at the airport we met our exchange girls. My exchange student’s name is Gabriella. Gaby took me to Chipotle, a junk food restaurant that is really famous there. Then, we went home and we watched a scary film.

On Sunday we had a welcome party at Gaby’s house. There I met all the girls and their families. We danced and we had a lot of fun.

The next two days I went with Gaby to school and I joined her in her classes. I met a lot of Gaby’s friends but I couldn’t remember any name. The schools there are just like in the films. It was interesting to see how their school works. The rest of the week, in the mornings we visited interesting places. We visited: Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC museums and monuments with Conxita and Daniel as tour guides. And in the afternoon we did different activities like going shopping, going out for dinner, or watching a film.

On Saturday we went to watch an American football game. The Falcons, Gaby’s school team won. We saw the cheerleaders and I really enjoyed the day. Then Marina, Tori, Gaby and I went to Georgetown and there we had dinner at an Italian restaurant. After that we walked and we saw the famous stairs where the exorcist movie was filmed. At night we came back home.

On Sunday we woke up late and Gaby, her mom and I went to a chocolate bar and we had a cup of hot chocolate. Then we visited Gaby’s grandparents and we went home.

The last week we visited some more places in Washington DC. We visited Great Falls too and it was really beautiful. Gaby came with us and she took many ugly pictures of me doing funny things.

On Thursday we went to China Town and we shopped. That day we were really exhausted.
Friday came, our last day in the USA, it was Halloween so Gaby and I dressed up as little girls. In the school they did a meeting with all the teachers and they did funny things.

Finally we arrived at the airport and everybody was so sad. The goodbye was really hard! Most of the girls were crying and hugging each other.


I am going to miss all my new American friends so much, especially my crazy sister Gaby. In this trip I have met wonderful people. And I hope I will be able to see them again.






MÒNICA CALLEJA
1r BATX B

No comments:

Post a Comment