Tuesday, November 4, 2014

MY STAY IN U.S. Marina P. (1r BATX B)

MY TRIP TO MARYLAND


I’m one of the only twelve students that could go to the trip. When my teachers told me I was going to Maryland, I felt fortunate to go. All of us were very excited to know that we were going to travel to America and be there for two weeks.

We left Spain one Saturday and we flew to Paris and later to Washington. DC. When we arrived at the airport, all the American families were waiting for us with balloons. When my American girl, Tori, and I saw to each other, we ran and we did a long hug with big smiles in our faces. Then she presented her parents to me; her mother’s name is Karla and her father’s name is Jeff. When we got home, Tori showed me the room that where I was to spend those days. The first night I slept in Katia’s house, that is Laura’s American girl, because Tori had something important programmed.




On Sunday, in the school there was an open house and I met some of the cheerleaders, because Tori is a cheerleader. The same day we went to Gaby’s house, that is Mònica’s American girl, and we had dinner with the teachers and all the families of the Exchange. The adults stayed at the kitchen but all the students went to the basement and we did a party with music.



On Monday, they didn’t have school; they only went to do an exam. So we stayed at home with our respective families. Karla and I went to the supermarket and then we visited her horse Snickers. In the afternoon, Gaby, Tori, Mònica and I went shopping to a big mall.


During the first week we did a lot of things. On Tuesday and Wednesday we went to school with our American students and we did their classes. On Thursday, we went to Annapolis that is the capital of Maryland. Annapolis is beautiful; we visited a church and the Naval Academy where we took pictures with the Marines. On Friday, we went to Washington. DC and we visited two museums: the National Museum of Natural History and the National Air and Space Museum

All the afternoons, I stayed with Tori and she had practice of cheerleading; but on Friday afternoon I went with Gaby and Mònica to Field of Screams because all of the Exchange students went; but Tori couldn’t because she appeared on the news with the cheerleader team. I liked Field of Screams, is a field with four activities to do and the people who works in there scares you.

 



When the weekend arrived, everyone did something with their families. On Saturday, I went with Tori to an American football match and she did cheerleading. I liked to see all the cheerleaders doing dances and jumps. Then Mònica’s American family came to the match and my American parents too. After the match, we went to Georgetown and there we took pictures next to the Potomac River and then we had dinner in an Italian restaurant. After dinner we went to the “Exorcist steps” and we went upstairs and downstairs.





On Sunday, we went to buy pumpkins. At the afternoon we went to the house of one Karla’s sister to celebrate a birthday. I did archery but I’m very bad. We had dinner, the dinner was delicious; there were turkey, mashed potato, green peas and beets with onions. Tori, Tori’s cousin and I played the piano and we had a great time.

 



During the second week we went to different places. On Monday, we went to a national park that is called Great Falls. The park has the falls of the Potomac River and a canal. The falls were incredible and there are a lot of trees with leaves in different colours. On Tuesday, we went to Washington. DC to see all the important monuments. We saw the Washington Monument, the White House, the monument of Lincoln, the World War II Memorial and other incredible monuments. I liked all the monuments that we visited they are amazing. On Wednesday, all the American students of the Exchange went with us to the aquarium of Baltimore. We saw a film in 4D and we saw a lot of different water animals. On Thursday, we went to Chinatown on Washington. DC and we bought souvenirs to our families. Then we went to Union Station and we had lunch there.





 

The last day, Friday, we went to classes with the American students and then we made a little party with candy and cupcakes. We took a lot of pictures all together. After that we left the school to go to the airport. Tori couldn’t go because she had an important game so I went with Mònica’s family. I said goodbye to my family and I said to them that I love all of you because those two weeks with them had been fantastic. When we arrived to the airport we said goodbye to all of the students and we went to the plane.

 




When we arrived at the airport of Barcelona our families were waiting to us and I cried when I saw my mother, my grandma, my brother and the couple of my mother. When we got home, I explained to them all the things that we did.


 Finally, I loved this trip to Maryland it was fantastic. My family and I are waiting for Tori!

 

 

Marina Poza

1 BTX “B”

No comments:

Post a Comment