Wednesday, May 23, 2012

THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PYJAMAS. Sara L. (3r ESO C)


The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

I am going to recommend you a book called The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. It has a film too, but I have seen the film and I have read the book, and I think that the book is more interesting, it transmits more feelings than the film.

It was written by John Boyne. The book talks about the World War II. It explains the story of Bruno, a 9-year boy that lives with his parents and his sister in a city, but they move to another house near an internment. Bruno doesn’t know what an internment is, and he doesn’t know that her father is a SS officer. He is bored in this house, because it is in the middle of nowhere and he doesn’t have friends, so he went to explore around his house. When he was exploring, he found a group of people with a striped pyjama, and he thought that it was a game. He made a friend called Shmuel, and they started meeting, Bruno carried food and games to Shmuel, and more things. But one day, Bruno entered in the internment... I’m not going to explain you more than this! You might have seen the film or read the book, but if you don’t, I am not going to explain you the end.

I cried a lot reading this book and watching the film too, it’s fantastic and all the things that are in relationship with Adolf Hitler make me cry a lot, it’s a theme very sensitive for me! I’m very interested in this, so this summer I’m going to visit Auswitch, the most important internment of the ‘Nazi empire’.

I wouldn’t change any part of this book, it’s perfect for me, the theme is interesting, and the plot too. It helps you to know how  life in this time was, and I think that this book, and other books for example ‘The Diary of a Young Girl’ are interesting to read, because it’s story, and we aren’t German but we must know a bit of they past.

SARA LÓPEZ MORALES
3r ESO C

No comments:

Post a Comment