Friday, May 18, 2012

FIGUERES 2012. Clara M. (1r batx B)


At the sanctuary of a really strange man


Have you ever been to the Dalí museum in Figueres? If you haven’t, I have to tell you that it is a must visit. We were lucky ones and went there last Friday with the school. But first, it’s obligatory knowing something about this exceptional man.
Who was Dalí? Salvador Dalí, born in Figueres in 1904 and dead in the same village in 1989, was a painter and writer very important in surrealism. He had a personal style and a very eccentric personality which made him famous around the world. He felt in love with a woman called Gala, older than him, who appears in a big part of his art. He created a species of sanctuary for his art in his village, in Figueres, in an old theatre. This is the museum we visited in our visit to the village. 
My alarm clock rang at 7 am but my bed didn’t want to let me go. After a large war I got to leave home and took the bus with my friends near 8 o’clock. The travel didn’t feel long, because we were all talking or listening to music. We arrived to Figueres around 10 o’clock. We left the bus and the teachers let us some time to have breakfast. My lovely mother had prepared a delicious sandwich of tuna and mayonnaise which I quickly ate.
We entered the museum and a strange woman guided us along the visit. She told us a lot of curiosities of the artist, his paints and sculptures and the museum which we wouldn’t have ever realized if she hadn’t told us. It was amazing.
After the visit, we had some time to spend in the museum and later, we could make a walk around the city wherever we wanted to go. I went with some friends to discover the city and we sat in a bar terrace to have a Nestea and talk, because it was a splendid sunny day. Then we had lunch (an excellent meat sandwich, also made by my fantastic mother) and took the bus again to get to Barcelona again. I would have liked to stay longer there, because of the good weather, but we couldn’t. It’s sad I think next year we don’t have more one-day visits, but I’m already expecting to go to Italy!

Clara Martínez
1r batx B

No comments:

Post a Comment