Friday, May 18, 2012

FIGUERES 2012. Cristina D. (1r batx.A)



FIGUERES 

In my school there are not many excursions for high level courses as mine is; anyway there still are at least twice a year. In my opinion, excursions are a good and entertaining way of learning and recreation for young students.
         
The last Friday 4th of May, the students of 1st bachelor's degree with some teachers had been taken by bus to Figueras to see Dalí museum. The way up there took about 2 hours, so we had to leave from the school at 7:45 a.m., so everybody went nearly asleep. I recognize that I went with the idea of sleeping on the coach! But my mates’ shouts didn’t let me and the seats weren’t comfortable, so for me the way became really long and tiring.

Once there, we arrived just about 15 minutes before the guided visit we had booked, so we had this short time to have breakfast next to the museum while two teachers were going to the entrance to notify we had arrived. Then, with the sandwich still in the throat, we left our bags on a room, the teachers divided us in three groups, the respective guide of each group gave us the tickets and the visit began.

At first, we saw outdoors room where the artist, Dalí, made like a collage, with a car (where there was raining indoors), a boat (turned upside down), an sculpture and some other elements, which called “Cultures carnival”: “Cultures” because there was English stuffs and from other countries too, and “carnival” as a wordplay of the main elements, the car and the naval boat. In the room there were also big figures which reminded us of the Oscars’ prizes. Also we saw other elements without any explication because, the guide said, Dalí let it to people’s imagination. This was, sincerely, my favorite part of the museum.

After this, we saw pictures but also a painting on the roof of one of the rooms and another composition which looked like a room with two pictures, a type of desk, a sofa and a curtain that, seen from far away, you could see a famous face.

Finally, after an hour more or less visit, we had some free time to visit the city around and having lunch. At 2:45 p.m. we took again the coach and returned home. I ended really exhausted and I finally couldn’t help falling asleep on the way back.

On this excursion I’ve learned a lot and is, for me,  the most interesting and enjoyable visit we’ve done this year. I would recommend it to the students of 1st of the following year!

CRISTINA DORAL
1r batx A

No comments:

Post a Comment