Monday, April 11, 2016

INFORMATION AND SOCAIL NETWORKS Ignasi M. (2 BTX A)

Nowadays, we've got access to information whenever and wherever we want, and anyone can share this information on the internet and give his opinion about it.

I believe that the fact that everyone can become a reporter has been really bad for media. Newspapers and television channels have always given the news the way they've wanted, the way they wanted it to be given. Usually influenced by politics, that's why I barely watch television now, not even the news. If something happens you can get more information and way faster across the internet than watching the news.

I remember that a few months ago, when there were the Paris attacks, that I first knew about them because I read it on Twitter and I was up until 5 a.m, watching the news on one screen and with my Twitter timeline on the other one.*

It still happens in some countries that the local government controls television and which and how the information is given to the people, that way they have their citizens controlled, but thanks to the internet we now have access to whatever we want, and to the truth, not to what they want us to think.

Ignasi Martínez
2 Batx A



*Yes, I do have two screens for my computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment