Friday, April 1, 2016

ITALY 2016 Mireia M. (2 BTX A)

ITALY 2016

Firstly, a truth: I don’t know how to begin. It’s too difficult for me to develop such a great trip with a composition.

We started the tour in Pisa, a city based on the tower, the cathedral and the baptistery. I was suffering because it seemed that the tower was going to fall anytime! We had lunch in Lucca. I hadn’t been conscious about the cutie of this place until Júlia and I rented a tandem. We had the opportunity to surround the wall and it was a very funny experience! In the evening we moved to Florence.

Florence captivated me. We had been studying the art of this city in History of Art and being there was amazing. I liked too much the Duomo. I fell in love with Michelangelo’s David. It was like a big real man!

A friend said that I would like San Gimignano and it didn’t defraud me. Siena had a large square where we could find the campanile, so high and with lots of steps. Although the temperature was cold at night, I was glad to be in the viewpoint of Florence. We were at the typical place to take photos of this city.

I remembered Padua because of the tongue of Saint Anthony and, specifically, because of the Sistine Chapel. For me, those fifteen minutes inside, weren’t enough. About Venice ... What do I have to say? It was incredible, like the other time I was there. It’s an original city based on the canals. I enjoy Burano too, his charm and his mix of colourful houses.

Verona and Milan were the two last cities we visited. The first one was beautiful for his antiquity and, the second one, for the huge Duomo. What a pity that I couldn’t enter!

The tour couldn’t be better, but I didn’t mention the thought that made it an experience of our lives: people. So thanks for each time I spent with my friends and with those who, maybe before the trip, weren’t trusted people for me but had become friends. As more, thank you so much for being like a family, all together. These are the advantages of taking part of a small group of 2nd of Batxillerat. Thanks to teachers who travelled with us because they were like three more of us! And thanks to the school for organizing year after year, this wonderful trip. Unforgettable. 


Mireia Maduell 

No comments:

Post a Comment